    indicates the program is starting, but it never does.

    Anyone have any explanation for this?

    Thanks.
    John Hinson, Sep 19, 2004

  2. John Hinson

    First Last Guest

    John Hinson wrote:
    > I first installed 0.9.3 and removed it when it wouldn't start.
    >
    > I just installed 1.0pr and had the same problem.
    >
    > After installation, I double-click on the shortcut and the mouse icon
    > indicates the program is starting, but it never does.
    >
    > Anyone have any explanation for this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    corrupted profile. try opening with a new profile.

    --
    Alternative applications, philosophy, comedy, and my wish list:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~e-group/homepage.html
    First Last, Sep 19, 2004

  3. John Hinson

    John Hinson Guest

    How do I change the profile?

    John Hinson, Sep 19, 2004
  4. John Hinson

    First Last Guest

    John Hinson wrote:
    > How do I change the profile?
    >
    > On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:18:37 GMT, First Last <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>John Hinson wrote:
    >>
    >>>I first installed 0.9.3 and removed it when it wouldn't start.
    >>>
    >>>I just installed 1.0pr and had the same problem.
    >>>
    >>>After installation, I double-click on the shortcut and the mouse icon
    >>>indicates the program is starting, but it never does.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone have any explanation for this?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >>corrupted profile. try opening with a new profile.

    if you're on windows, quit firefox and enter "C:\Program Files\Mozilla
    Firefox\firefox.exe" -p in your run prompt. then, just click the create
    new profile button. if that works, then there are several files you'll
    want to move from your old profile to your new profile in order to save
    most of your settings.

    First Last, Sep 19, 2004
  5. John Hinson

    John Hinson Guest

    Okay, there's the rub I don't have an old profile because I have never
    been able to get the program to open.

    John Hinson, Sep 19, 2004
  6. John Hinson

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 19/09/2004 00:41, John Hinson said the following:
    > Okay, there's the rub I don't have an old profile because I have never
    > been able to get the program to open.

    Have you looked here?

    C:\DocumentsAndSettings\USERNAME\ApplicationData\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."
    Pun Krocker, Sep 19, 2004
  7. John Hinson

    First Last Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On this day, 19/09/2004 00:41, John Hinson said the following:
    >
    >> Okay, there's the rub I don't have an old profile because I have never
    >> been able to get the program to open.

    > Have you looked here?
    >

    > C:\DocumentsAndSettings\USERNAME\ApplicationData\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

    it won't be there if he never opened firefox. firefox doesn't create
    the profile until the first opening.

    First Last, Sep 19, 2004
  8. John Hinson

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:06:06 GMT, John Hinson <> wrote:

    >I first installed 0.9.3 and removed it when it wouldn't start.
    >
    >I just installed 1.0pr and had the same problem.
    >
    >After installation, I double-click on the shortcut and the mouse icon
    >indicates the program is starting, but it never does.
    >
    >Anyone have any explanation for this?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Hi John,
    When I had a problem similar, I made use of jv16PowerTools from
    www.macecraft.com It comes with a thirty day free trial and by
    clicking on the third icon from the left of 'Registry Tools' and
    entering Firefox (and Mozilla if you only have Firefox). You are then
    able to remove every instance from the registry. A backup is
    automatically created should you wish to restore. I used this method a
    small number of times with difficult to reinstall programmes including
    NAV2004.
    Good luck,
    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Sep 20, 2004
  9. John Hinson

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:31:36 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:06:06 GMT, John Hinson <> wrote:
    >
    >>I first installed 0.9.3 and removed it when it wouldn't start.
    >>
    >>I just installed 1.0pr and had the same problem.
    >>
    >>After installation, I double-click on the shortcut and the mouse icon
    >>indicates the program is starting, but it never does.
    >>
    >>Anyone have any explanation for this?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    >Hi John,
    > When I had a problem similar, I made use of jv16PowerTools from
    >www.macecraft.com It comes with a thirty day free trial and by
    >clicking on the third icon from the left of 'Registry Tools' and
    >entering Firefox (and Mozilla if you only have Firefox). You are then
    >able to remove every instance from the registry. A backup is
    >automatically created should you wish to restore. I used this method a
    >small number of times with difficult to reinstall programmes including
    >NAV2004.
    >Good luck,
    >Reg

    PS: Remove Firefox via Control Panel/Add/Remove in the usual way
    first.
    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Sep 20, 2004
  10. John Hinson

    John Hinson Guest

    Thanks Reg,

    I just used GoBack to get rid of it.

    My only concern is that I want to try out the program and it won't
    even run the first time. Maybe I'm the only person who ever had this
    problem.

    John Hinson, Sep 20, 2004
  11. John Hinson

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:52:19 GMT, John Hinson <> wrote:

    >Thanks Reg,
    >
    >I just used GoBack to get rid of it.
    >
    >My only concern is that I want to try out the program and it won't
    >even run the first time. Maybe I'm the only person who ever had this
    >problem.
    >
    >On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:31:36 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:06:06 GMT, John Hinson <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I first installed 0.9.3 and removed it when it wouldn't start.
    >>>
    >>>I just installed 1.0pr and had the same problem.
    >>>
    >>>After installation, I double-click on the shortcut and the mouse icon
    >>>indicates the program is starting, but it never does.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone have any explanation for this?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >>Hi John,
    >> When I had a problem similar, I made use of jv16PowerTools from
    >>www.macecraft.com It comes with a thirty day free trial and by
    >>clicking on the third icon from the left of 'Registry Tools' and
    >>entering Firefox (and Mozilla if you only have Firefox). You are then
    >>able to remove every instance from the registry. A backup is
    >>automatically created should you wish to restore. I used this method a
    >>small number of times with difficult to reinstall programmes including
    >>NAV2004.
    >>Good luck,
    >>Reg

    It just maybe that you have registry entries left behind which are
    preventing a proper install and until you run something such as jv16
    PowerTools you will not know. Until I came across this application I
    encountered terrible problems trying to uninstall and reinstall
    NAV2004, it seems to be the answer for so may installation problems.
    Anyway, Good luck in finding a solution which works.
    Reg.
    Reg Mouatt, Sep 20, 2004