    ---
    It doesn't seem to be affecting anything. I could, for instance, watch
    the video. And post this message! But, why would it do this?
    ion, Oct 16, 2005

  2. ion wrote:
    > So, I was watching the Robert Davis beating on CNN's website using the
    > Windows Media Player plug-in to Firefox. When it was over, a message
    > box asked me:
    > ---
    > To help protect your computer, Windows Firewall has blocked some
    > features of this program
    > Do you want to keep blocking this program?
    > Name: Firefox
    > Publisher: Mozilla
    > [Keep Blocking][Unblock][Ask Me Later]
    > ---
    > It doesn't seem to be affecting anything. I could, for instance, watch
    > the video. And post this message! But, why would it do this?

    I have absolutely no idea, but I would suggest installing a functional
    software firewall, and disabling the XP firewall.

    I've had good success with Sygate. Yes, I know they have been bought
    out by Symantec, but the firewall is still available and still working.

    Outpost free is also supposed to be very good.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005