    getting a nice pop out list of story headlines is a neat and clever trick.

    I run it with Google Bar, Add Block and Tab Browser Extensions.

    Well thats my 2c

    Collector-NZ, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Collector-NZ

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:58:35 +1200, Collector-NZ wrote:

    > Well despite screwing it up while having a good fiddle with it, once
    > reloaded (completely cleanly) and installing my extensions, adding my
    > passwords to the password manager and my filters to add block it works a
    > treat.

    So having really worked at it you made it fall over, and after fixing it
    up it works. OSS programms are like that, cf some others.

    > Some of the things that may have been a bug (or may have been me not
    > getting it right) have been fixed like the opening of links sent to me
    > in email. In general it is stable fast and effective.

    Firefox has always aimed to be fast, it left the unwanted clutter in
    Thunderbird and the extensions you do not want and just got on with
    hitting those web pages fast and hard.

    > I love the Live (RSS) bookmarks for sites like Slashdot and the BBC,
    > getting a nice pop out list of story headlines is a neat and clever trick.

    Nope, its evolution.

    > I run it with Google Bar, Add Block and Tab Browser Extensions.

    And your OS is? You see Firefox is a web broswer, on many platforms.

    Gordon, Sep 17, 2004

  3. Collector-NZ

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Gordon said the following on 17/09/2004 21:32:
    > On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:58:35 +1200, Collector-NZ wrote:
    >

    >>Well despite screwing it up while having a good fiddle with it, once
    >>reloaded (completely cleanly) and installing my extensions, adding my
    >>passwords to the password manager and my filters to add block it works a
    >>treat.

    > So having really worked at it you made it fall over, and after fixing it
    > up it works. OSS programms are like that, cf some others.
    >

    >>Some of the things that may have been a bug (or may have been me not
    >>getting it right) have been fixed like the opening of links sent to me
    >>in email. In general it is stable fast and effective.

    > Firefox has always aimed to be fast, it left the unwanted clutter in
    > Thunderbird and the extensions you do not want and just got on with
    > hitting those web pages fast and hard.
    >

    >>I love the Live (RSS) bookmarks for sites like Slashdot and the BBC,
    >>getting a nice pop out list of story headlines is a neat and clever trick.

    > Nope, its evolution.
    >

    >>I run it with Google Bar, Add Block and Tab Browser Extensions.

    > And your OS is? You see Firefox is a web broswer, on many platforms.

    I am a die hard, still on Win2K on all machines.

    I had to really try hard to stuff it up, and it was probably for the
    best as I have been installing updated versions for quite a while and
    this just made it all nice and clean, not to mention getting rid of a
    lot of redundant stuff in unused directories on my hard drive left from
    past installs of it and Mozilla.

    Collector-NZ, Sep 17, 2004