  1. Just looked OH MY GOD. Memory leaks me think :)

    IE is better :(

    Bye.
    Home Theatre Guy, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Home Theatre Guy

    Stubby Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Just looked OH MY GOD. Memory leaks me think :)

    Can you tell us how you determined this? Is it real RAM that is
    melting away or virtual process memory?
    Stubby, Jul 26, 2006

  3. WHat ever it is it starts at 70 megs or so and then gos up.

    I thought Firefox wa good. Now all sorts of anoyign problems. Migh
    have to go back to Netcaptor or somthing else.

    Byes.

    Home Theatre Guy, Jul 27, 2006
  4. Home Theatre Guy

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Just looked OH MY GOD. Memory leaks me think :)

    There's a new update to version 1.5.0.5 - see if that helps.

    > IE is better :(

    Neg!

    --
    Troy Piggins : "Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."
    ,-o
    Troy Piggins, Jul 27, 2006
  5. Home Theatre Guy

    Stubby Guest

    Please tell us how you measure the amount of memory in use.

    Stubby, Jul 27, 2006
  6. Home Theatre Guy

    gwtc Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Just looked OH MY GOD. Memory leaks me think :)
    >
    > IE is better :(
    >
    > Bye.

    don't forget to ask Mozilla for a refund ;-)

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full
    moon.
    gwtc, Jul 27, 2006
  7. Home Theatre Guy

    Stubby Guest

    TROLL

    Stubby, Jul 28, 2006
  8. Home Theatre Guy

    History Fan Guest

    <Home Theatre Guy> wrote in message

    > Just looked OH MY GOD. Memory leaks me think :)
    >
    > IE is better :(
    >
    > Bye.

    I just checked Windows Task Manager a minute ago, and Firefox
    1.5.0.5 is using 101,644K. Seems rather high.
    History Fan, Jul 30, 2006

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 30, 2006
  10. Home Theatre Guy

    History Fan Guest

    >> I just checked Windows Task Manager a minute ago, and Firefox
    >> 1.5.0.5 is using 101,644K. Seems rather high.

    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=354828

    According to another URL:

    <<Typical Firefox memory usage reported by Windows is around 50-100
    MB, with virtual memory usage at 100-150 MB. These numbers will vary because
    Firefox is configured by default to use more memory on systems that have
    more memory available and less on systems with less.>>

    My system has 1GB of system RAM, and 256MB of video RAM, so perhaps
    that is why Firefox is being such a memory hog.
    History Fan, Jul 30, 2006

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Reducing_memory_usage_(Firefox)
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 30, 2006

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 30, 2006
  13. Mine seems to stablize about 100 meg now. And it seems to have stoped
    locking up as well. Not sure if thats due to the new update version
    though ?

    We will see.

    If not I"AM GETTING A REFUND :p
    Bye.

    Home Theatre Guy, Jul 30, 2006
  14. Home Theatre Guy

    History Fan Guest

    > <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Reducing_memory_usage_(Firefox)>

    There's nothing to read there.
    History Fan, Jul 30, 2006
  15. Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=354828

    >> According to another URL:
    >>
    >> <<Typical Firefox memory usage reported by Windows is around
    >> 50-100 MB, with virtual memory usage at 100-150 MB. These numbers will
    >> vary because Firefox is configured by default to use more memory on
    >> systems that have more memory available and less on systems with less.>>
    >>
    >> My system has 1GB of system RAM, and 256MB of video RAM, so
    >> perhaps that is why Firefox is being such a memory hog.
    >>

    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Reducing_memory_usage_(Firefox)

    due to an error in Thunderbird, the above link wont work, the last ) is
    dropped. I have reposted the link with <> brackets which corrects the
    problem. Bug reported
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 30, 2006
  16. History Fan wrote:
    >> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Reducing_memory_usage_(Firefox)>

    > There's nothing to read there.

    Use the above link, not the one in the first post
    the first post the ending ) is dropped, giving you the error
    in this one the <> brackets prevent that
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 30, 2006