Firefox userContent.css - set default page background image?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mike Ranque, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. Mike Ranque

    Mike Ranque Guest

    How to set a default background image to all webpages?

    I've tried stuff like this...

    /*
    http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/linux/125191-firefox-background-image.html
    */
    body {background-image: url(resource:///BRICKS.blurred.jpg)
    !important;
    background-attachment: fixed !important;
    background-repeat: repeat !important; }

    ....and even this, just to try to get some result,

    /* http://home.comcast.net/~username54321/starfield/mods.html */
    @-moz-document url(about:blank) {
    html:not([class]) {
    background: url("chrome://BRICKS.blurred.gif")
    no-repeat center center fixed #251515 !important;
    }
    }

    ....but something is still glitched.

    I've managed to affect background colours, and currently
    have a nice dark maroonish blank page (new tab), but no
    background image as specified.

    I'm beginning to wonder if Firefox can't actually do this,
    but I've seen it done. Just can't seen to figure out how to
    do it myself. :(

    I've got copies of BRICKS.blurred.gif all over the Firefox
    directory structure, so the chances It's not finding the
    image are small, I think. ;)

    Clues? Suggestions? URLs?

    --
    0===( ISPs now SPY-SPs?
    0===( www.antiphorm.co.uk

    Mike Ranque, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Mike Ranque wrote:
    > How to set a default background image to all webpages?
    >
    > I've tried stuff like this...
    >
    > /*
    > http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/linux/125191-firefox-background-image.html
    > */
    > body {background-image: url(resource:///BRICKS.blurred.jpg)
    > !important;
    > background-attachment: fixed !important;
    > background-repeat: repeat !important; }
    >
    > ...and even this, just to try to get some result,
    >
    > /* http://home.comcast.net/~username54321/starfield/mods.html */
    > @-moz-document url(about:blank) {
    > html:not([class]) {
    > background: url("chrome://BRICKS.blurred.gif")
    > no-repeat center center fixed #251515 !important;
    > }
    > }
    >
    > ...but something is still glitched.
    >
    > I've managed to affect background colours, and currently
    > have a nice dark maroonish blank page (new tab), but no
    > background image as specified.
    >
    > I'm beginning to wonder if Firefox can't actually do this,
    > but I've seen it done. Just can't seen to figure out how to
    > do it myself. :(
    >
    > I've got copies of BRICKS.blurred.gif all over the Firefox
    > directory structure, so the chances It's not finding the
    > image are small, I think. ;)
    >

    > Clues? Suggestions? URLs?

    try converting the images to base64 and use that instead.
    You can covert them here:
    http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 25, 2008