    --
    Up from Third Base to Huntington
    They sang another victory song...........

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005

  2. paul j

    Doug G Guest

    paul j wrote:

    > Is there anyway to override a webpage's use of "target" when clicking on
    > its links?
    >
    > I would like links that are set to open a new window to open in a tab
    > instead.

    Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing -> Force links ...
    -> a new tab

    Doug G, Apr 7, 2005

  3. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:52:20 -0500, Doug G wrote:

    > paul j wrote:
    >
    >> Is there anyway to override a webpage's use of "target" when clicking on
    >> its links?
    >>
    >> I would like links that are set to open a new window to open in a tab
    >> instead.

    > Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing -> Force links ...
    > -> a new tab

    Odd, I don't have that option in 1.0.2.

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005
  4. paul j

    Roland Guest

    On 7-4-2005 17:01, paul j wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:52:20 -0500, Doug G wrote:
    >

    >>paul j wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is there anyway to override a webpage's use of "target" when clicking on
    >>>its links?
    >>>
    >>>I would like links that are set to open a new window to open in a tab
    >>>instead.

    >>Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing -> Force links ...
    >>-> a new tab

    > Odd, I don't have that option in 1.0.2.

    It's not available by default (I've no idea why the FF developers have
    chosen to hide it).
    But you can enable it by setting the preference
    browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs
    true
    For this, type
    about:config
    in the addressbar, locate the pref and double click it value to toggle
    its value between false and true.

    Maybe you have to restart FF before "Force links ..." is visible in the
    Options dialog.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Apr 7, 2005
  5. paul j

    Larry Hazel Guest

    paul j wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:52:20 -0500, Doug G wrote:
    >

    >>paul j wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is there anyway to override a webpage's use of "target" when clicking on
    >>>its links?
    >>>
    >>>I would like links that are set to open a new window to open in a tab
    >>>instead.

    >>Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing -> Force links ...
    >>-> a new tab

    > Odd, I don't have that option in 1.0.2.

    The other "Advanced"

    Larry Hazel, Apr 7, 2005
  6. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:15:34 +0200, Roland wrote:

    > On 7-4-2005 17:01, paul j wrote:

    >>>Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing -> Force links ...
    >>>-> a new tab

    >> Odd, I don't have that option in 1.0.2.

    > It's not available by default (I've no idea why the FF developers have
    > chosen to hide it).
    > But you can enable it by setting the preference
    > browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs
    > true
    > For this, type
    > about:config
    > in the addressbar, locate the pref and double click it value to toggle
    > its value between false and true.
    >
    > Maybe you have to restart FF before "Force links ..." is visible in the
    > Options dialog.

    That did it. Thank you muchly.

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005
  7. paul j

    Ranjit Guest

    Roland wrote:
    > On 7-4-2005 17:01, paul j wrote:

    >>> Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing -> Force links ...
    >>> -> a new tab

    >> Odd, I don't have that option in 1.0.2.

    > It's not available by default (I've no idea why the FF developers have
    > chosen to hide it).
    > But you can enable it by setting the preference
    > browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs
    > true
    > For this, type
    > about:config
    > in the addressbar, locate the pref and double click it value to toggle
    > its value between false and true.
    >
    > Maybe you have to restart FF before "Force links ..." is visible in the
    > Options dialog.

    Thanks!!
    I too was looking a way to avoid those forced windows!
    this comes pretty handy.

    Ranjit, Apr 7, 2005
  8. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:00:44 -0700, Ranjit wrote:

    > Roland wrote:

    >>> Odd, I don't have that option in 1.0.2.

    >> It's not available by default (I've no idea why the FF developers have
    >> chosen to hide it).
    >> But you can enable it by setting the preference
    >> browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs
    >> true
    >> For this, type
    >> about:config
    >> in the addressbar, locate the pref and double click it value to toggle
    >> its value between false and true.
    >>
    >> Maybe you have to restart FF before "Force links ..." is visible in the
    >> Options dialog.

    > Thanks!!
    > I too was looking a way to avoid those forced windows!
    > this comes pretty handy.

    I wonder what other options are hidden in this same fashion...

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005