    Update is listed but when I try to install
    via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
    happens.
    bod, Mar 6, 2005

  2. bod

    Buffalo Guest

    If you are talking about the 'upgrade' to Firefox, I think you have to uninstall
    Firefox first and then install the new version of the browser which is 1.0.1.
    If you are talking about another update, then disregard the above.

    Buffalo, Mar 6, 2005

  3. bod

    °Mike° Guest

    Duh! You cannot install it whilst you have the
    browser open; it needs to overwrite files. Also,
    it's usually a good idea to uninstall the old version
    before installing the new -- sometimes it is required.

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:43:50 GMT, in
    <GGEWd.424$>
    bod scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 6, 2005
  4. bod

    Gordon Guest

    bod wrote:
    || Update is listed but when I try to install
    || via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
    || happens.

    The UK update is not operational yet.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
    Gordon, Mar 6, 2005
  5. bod

    Wizard Guest

    Gordon lid, wrote in message
    :

    Spamming ****!

    Wizard, Mar 6, 2005
  6. bod

    Wizard Guest

    :
    Wizard, Mar 6, 2005
  7. bod

    Old Gringo Guest

    bod wrote:
    > Update is listed but when I try to install
    > via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
    > happens.

    Get the latest version of FireFox here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
    It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
    update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
    extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Mar 6, 2005
  8. Old Gringo, <>, the schizophrenic,
    stingless throat scraping, and hoarder of the domestic refuse of others,
    declared:

    > bod wrote:
    >> Update is listed but when I try to install
    >> via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
    >> happens.
    >>

    > Get the latest version of FireFox here:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
    > It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
    > update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
    > extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

    Why do you keep promoting that shit? You only do it because
    some other fucking idiot in 24whoresstitchup.fuckchopshop
    suggested it was OK.
    Chun Bin Wang, Mar 6, 2005
  9. bod

    Old Gringo Guest

    Chun Bin Wang wrote:
    > Old Gringo, <>, the schizophrenic,
    > stingless throat scraping, and hoarder of the domestic refuse of others,
    > declared:
    >

    >>bod wrote:
    >>
    >>>Update is listed but when I try to install
    >>>via the browser, just displays updating for ages but nothing
    >>>happens.
    >>>

    >>Get the latest version of FireFox here:
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
    >>It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
    >>update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
    >>extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

    > Why do you keep promoting that shit? You only do it because
    > some other fucking idiot in 24whoresstitchup.fuckchopshop
    > suggested it was OK.

    Good Morning Chun Bin Wang, This post will self destruct in 10 sec.

    Old Gringo, Mar 6, 2005
  10. Old Gringo, <>, the elderly,
    double-barrelled fish, and pit brow lass, trickled:

    > Chun Bin Wang wrote:
    >> Old Gringo, <>, the schizophrenic,
    >> stingless throat scraping, and hoarder of the domestic refuse of
    >> others, declared:

    >>> Get the latest version of FireFox here:
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
    >>> It will in stall over your existing version. After the install your
    >>> update should work better as I found this to be true. Up dates
    >>> extensions and themes but not the browser itself. Good Luck

    >> Why do you keep promoting that shit? You only do it because
    >> some other fucking idiot in 24whoresstitchup.fuckchopshop
    >> suggested it was OK.
    >>

    > Good Morning Chun Bin Wang, This post will self destruct in 10 sec.

    So my colleague he was right then about you?
    Kikaku Satake, Mar 6, 2005
  11. bod

    John Holmes Guest

    Wizard 's blabbering in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Gordon lid, wrote in message
    > :
    >
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> --
    >> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
    >> Gordon Burgess-Parker
    >> Director
    >> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    > Spamming ****!

    Looking at his foolish website....

    I hope the bastard has a good spamkiller.

    --
    - John Holmes -

    "Just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."
    John Holmes, Mar 6, 2005
  12. bod

    Old Gringo Guest

    Kikaku Satake wrote:
    > Old Gringo, <>, the elderly,
    > double-barrelled fish, and pit brow lass, trickled:
    >

    >>Chun Bin Wang wrote:
    >>
    >>>Old Gringo, <>, the schizophrenic,
    >>>stingless throat scraping, and hoarder of the domestic refuse of
    >>>others, declared:

    >>>Why do you keep promoting that shit? You only do it because
    >>>some other fucking idiot in 24whoresstitchup.fuckchopshop
    >>>suggested it was OK.
    >>>

    >>Good Morning Chun Bin Wang, This post will self destruct in 10 sec.

    > So my colleague he was right then about you?

    If he told you I rich, famous, and extremely good looking, don't
    believe him.

    Old Gringo, Mar 6, 2005
  13. bod

    Gordon Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    || Wizard 's blabbering in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    ||| Gordon lid, wrote in message
    ||| :
    ||| "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    ||| Spamming ****!
    || Looking at his foolish website....
    || I hope the bastard has a good spamkiller.

    certainly do.......

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
    Gordon, Mar 6, 2005
  14. bod

    Ye Pen Jiao Guest

    Old Gringo, <>, the invidious,
    clapper-clawed strumpet, and unskilled craftsman who produces rubbish made
    from bits of wood, palpitated:

    > Kikaku Satake wrote:
    >> Old Gringo, <>, the elderly,
    >> double-barrelled fish, and pit brow lass, trickled:

    >>> Good Morning Chun Bin Wang, This post will self destruct in 10 sec.

    >> So my colleague he was right then about you?
    >>

    > If he told you I rich, famous, and extremely good looking, don't
    > believe him.

    My forum show you no knowthing. Fyrefix is lubbisch.
    Ye Pen Jiao, Mar 6, 2005
  15. bod

    Wizard Guest

    0ggct.3fk.1@133.256.1.103.MISMATCH:

    >>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    >> Spamming ****!

    > Looking at his foolish website....

    > I hope the bastard has a good spamkiller.

    Does he not recommend one of those as standard then?
    Wizard, Mar 6, 2005
  16. Re: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY Xanax questions!!!

    O4-N2-Styrylsulfonyl-Ylmethoxy-Dihydro-2-Diethyl-2, Mar 6, 2005
  17. Gordon, <>, the disinterested, depraved
    hog-nose, and robber who preys on public roads, bawled out:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >>> Wizard 's blabbering in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Looking at his foolish website....

    >>> I hope the bastard has a good spamkiller.
    >>>

    > certainly do.......

    This, "......." gives you away.
    4-1-Methyl-4-Cinnamoyl-Dimethoxybenzoyl-Monohydrog, Mar 6, 2005
  18. bod

    elaich Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in news:423c1b48.19409359@localhost:

    > Duh! You cannot install it whilst you have the
    > browser open; it needs to overwrite files. Also,
    > it's usually a good idea to uninstall the old version
    > before installing the new -- sometimes it is required.

    Really? Odd - I did exactly that last week and it's working fine.
    elaich, Mar 6, 2005
  19. bod

    °Mike° Guest

    On 6 Mar 2005 17:42:58 GMT, in
    <>
    elaich scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in news:423c1b48.19409359@localhost:
    >
    >> Duh! You cannot install it whilst you have the
    >> browser open; it needs to overwrite files. Also,
    >> it's usually a good idea to uninstall the old version
    >> before installing the new -- sometimes it is required.

    >Really? Odd - I did exactly that last week and it's working fine.

    Yes, really, meatball.

    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/#install

    <Quote>

    All Systems

    Prior to installing Firefox 1.0.1, please ensure that the directory
    you've chosen to install into is clean and doesn't contain any
    previous Firefox installations.

    <Unquote>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 6, 2005
  20. bod

    elaich Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in news:423e4386.29710937@localhost:

    > Yes, really, meatball.

    Now that was really uncalled for. Just because someone disagreed with you?
    Childish.

    I know what the pages at mozilla.org say and I also know that my browser
    was updated to 1.01 while running and it's working fine. 1.01 is not a
    landmark - it's a patch.
    elaich, Mar 6, 2005