Firefox unable to load page

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Steve IA, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Today I am unable to log in to my ISP webmail page using FF 1.0.6. It
    worked last week. I can get to the log-in page, but when I enter
    username and password and enter, FF opens a new tab, /loading/, tab
    title changes to /untitled/ on a blank page.
    Working the the ISP tech support, we emptied the History, Cache, and
    Cookies to no avail.
    I disabled Adblock 0.5.2.039 which did not help.
    I cleared the webmail password, rebooted and restarted FF. No help.

    I AM able to log into the webmail using IE.
    The techie could log in to my webmail using IE and FF.

    I must have something blocking my access, but can't figure out what it
    is. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steve
    41n
    --
    weltschmerz
    Pronunciation: 'velt-"shmerts<

    Steve IA, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Steve IA wrote:

    > Today I am unable to log in to my ISP webmail page using FF 1.0.6. It
    > worked last week. I can get to the log-in page, but when I enter
    > username and password and enter, FF opens a new tab, /loading/, tab
    > title changes to /untitled/ on a blank page.
    > Working the the ISP tech support, we emptied the History, Cache, and
    > Cookies to no avail.
    > I disabled Adblock 0.5.2.039 which did not help.
    > I cleared the webmail password, rebooted and restarted FF. No help.
    >
    > I AM able to log into the webmail using IE.
    > The techie could log in to my webmail using IE and FF.
    >
    > I must have something blocking my access, but can't figure out what it
    > is. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Steve
    > 41n

    Ok, the problem was with an advanced setting of FasterFox I had
    installed and played with fasterfox a few weeks ago and had setting at
    /optimized/ I reset to /default/ and all is well.
    The NEW problem is that I thought I had uninstalled FasterFox a few days
    ago before encountering this problem. I can't find in in my extension
    list and a search only shows 2 files:
    fasterfox.jar
    fasterfox.js
    The FAsterfox menu still showing up on tool > option>.
    I would like to get rid of it but can't figure out how.
    Thanks for help.

    Steve

    --
    "When it all comes down,