    any ideas?
    --
    Email:

    Joe, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Joe

    Joe Guest

    --
    Email:

    Joe, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Joe

    Martik Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Hello. I have Win XP sp2 and firefox 1.5. I have 2 problems with it:
    >
    > 1. Whenever I have a Firefox window open and open another one or I click
    > on a link that opens another window, the new window's buttons (Back,
    > forward, open new tab, etc.) are messed up. they have different Icons and
    > sometimes don't do anything when I click on them. The original window's
    > icons are still working. I use the original theme for Firefox.
    >
    > 2. The computer does this about every 20 days or just randomly:
    > All my extensions disappear. I had about 3 extensions, and suddenly they
    > were gone. I have to reinstall them every time that happens. My bookmarks
    > are still there, just the extensions.
    >
    > any ideas?
    > --
    > Email:

    I had similar instability issues and switched to Opera which handles tabs
    'properly' and is much faster.

    Martik, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Martik wrote:
    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello. I have Win XP sp2 and firefox 1.5. I have 2 problems with it:
    >>
    >> 1. Whenever I have a Firefox window open and open another one or I click
    >> on a link that opens another window, the new window's buttons (Back,
    >> forward, open new tab, etc.) are messed up. they have different Icons and
    >> sometimes don't do anything when I click on them. The original window's
    >> icons are still working. I use the original theme for Firefox.
    >>
    >> 2. The computer does this about every 20 days or just randomly:
    >> All my extensions disappear. I had about 3 extensions, and suddenly they
    >> were gone. I have to reinstall them every time that happens. My bookmarks
    >> are still there, just the extensions.
    >>
    >> any ideas?
    >> --
    >> Email:

    > I had similar instability issues and switched to Opera which handles tabs
    > 'properly' and is much faster.

    Amen. Firefox is better as compared to Internet Explorer for safety and
    security and a little better on speed, but Opera is just as good as
    Firefox on security and completely blows the doors off Firefox
    concerning speed. Just overall browsing goes a lot faster and smoother.
    Opera was designed especially for Windows. Firefox, while a great
    product, and I have it also as a backup, was developed for Linux or Unix
    or one of those nix's. It just doesn't do as good on Windows as Opera
    does, and that includes the MOOX builds of Firefox, not really any
    faster than the regular Firefox.

    Alt

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Del=A4+/Ctrl+=A4/Alt=A4+=29=2, Jan 27, 2006