    http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2304

    --
    Privacylover: http://www.privacylover.com
    Box750, Dec 16, 2008

  2. Box750

    Unruh Guest

    Box750 <> writes:

    >Mozilla’s flagship Firefox browser has earned the dubious title of the
    >most vulnerable software program running on the Windows platform.

    >According to application whitelisting vendor Bit9, Firefox topped the
    >list of 12 widely deployed desktop applications that suffered through
    >critical security vulnerabilities in 2008. These flaws exposed
    >millions of Windows users to remote code execution attacks.

    >The other applications on the list are all well-known and range from
    >browsers to media players, to VOIP chat and anti-virus software
    >programs

    >http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2304

    Lets see, Firefox patched 10 vulnerabilities and that put them on the top
    of the list! So, patching is bad. Instead you should leave your program
    buggy and vulnerable. Reminds me of the time I reported a vulnerability to CERT in
    the Appolo operating system after HP bought them out, which allowed anyone
    to obtain root in one easy step. HP refused to fix it and Cert never
    published the vulnerability. Obviously HP was wonderful secure company. No
    vulnerabilities patched.
    Unruh, Dec 16, 2008

  3. Box750 wrote:

    > Mozilla¢s flagship Firefox browser has earned the dubious title of the
    > most vulnerable software program running on the Windows platform.

    This is the third post I've seen in the newsgroups, listing that
    blogger's FUD article. It said:

    "Mozilla Firefox: In 2008, Mozilla patched 10 vulnerabilities "

    Count for yourself. Internet Explorer has the most *unpatched*
    vulnerabilities in the history of the products.

    Firefox 3 for 2008
    http://secunia.com/advisories/product/19089/?task=advisories_2008
    Firefox 2 for 2008
    http://secunia.com/advisories/product/12434/?task=advisories_2008
    Internet Explorer 7
    http://secunia.com/advisories/product/12366/?task=advisories_2008
    Internet Explorer 6 (still has 17% vulns unpatched)
    http://secunia.com/advisories/product/11/?task=advisories
    (including some unpatched from 2003)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 16, 2008
  4. Box750

    VanguardLH Guest

    Unruh wrote:

    > Box750 <> writes:
    >
    >>Mozilla¢s flagship Firefox browser has earned the dubious title of the
    >>most vulnerable software program running on the Windows platform.

    >>According to application whitelisting vendor Bit9, Firefox topped the
    >>list of 12 widely deployed desktop applications that suffered through
    >>critical security vulnerabilities in 2008. These flaws exposed
    >>millions of Windows users to remote code execution attacks.

    >>The other applications on the list are all well-known and range from
    >>browsers to media players, to VOIP chat and anti-virus software
    >>programs

    >>http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2304

    > Lets see, Firefox patched 10 vulnerabilities and that put them on the top
    > of the list! So, patching is bad. Instead you should leave your program
    > buggy and vulnerable. Reminds me of the time I reported a vulnerability to CERT in
    > the Appolo operating system after HP bought them out, which allowed anyone
    > to obtain root in one easy step. HP refused to fix it and Cert never
    > published the vulnerability. Obviously HP was wonderful secure company. No
    > vulnerabilities patched.

    Yet the same "logic" is used (as to the number of patches and their
    frequency) to condemn Internet Explorer by those proselytizing their
    personal choice of an alternate web browser on the Windows platform.
    VanguardLH, Dec 17, 2008