    "Firefox is unable to show the Toolbar. Please re-install the Toolbar"

    Show what toolbar? Unable to say when it appeared.

    Thank you ..Ian
    ian h @hotmail.com>, Aug 31, 2010

  2. ian h @hotmail.com>

    thanatoid Guest

    ian h @hotmail.com> wrote in
    news::

    > Firefox ver 3.6.8
    >
    > The following has appeared on Firefox.
    >
    > "Firefox is unable to show the Toolbar. Please re-install
    > the Toolbar"
    >
    > Show what toolbar? Unable to say when it appeared.
    >
    > Thank you ..Ian

    Dump that piece of crap and get Opera already.

    --
    Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
    reality.
    thanatoid, Aug 31, 2010

  3. ian h @hotmail.com>

    Guest

    ian h @hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Firefox ver 3.6.8
    >
    >The following has appeared on Firefox.
    >
    >"Firefox is unable to show the Toolbar. Please re-install the Toolbar"
    >
    >Show what toolbar? Unable to say when it appeared.

    Got Process Explorer?
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
    Sadly MS bought www.Systernals.com - it was just a matter of time - the above
    link has a pop-up to download IE 8. I have pop-up's disabled, but there it
    was.

    You can use Process Explorer to find the file that's giving the alert and it's
    path, No file? check out firefox view the strings and threads to see if it's
    coming from firefox - uninstall.

    The most recent program loaded is normally listed at the bottom of P.E. and a
    different color.

    Check out your add and remove area dump any toolbars.

    Opera is a better choice. I've been running Chrome lately (almost
    exclusively), it's draw back is at this time I have 6 chrome's running, 4
    tabs, the options, and one just because, so a macro won't work with Chrome
    (mine won't). I like the + key in Opera to expand a page not Ctrl-+.

    --

    abandoned places
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02/abandoned-places.html
  4. ian h @hotmail.com>

    chuckcar Guest

    ian h @hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Firefox ver 3.6.8
    >
    > The following has appeared on Firefox.
    >
    > "Firefox is unable to show the Toolbar. Please re-install the Toolbar"
    >
    > Show what toolbar? Unable to say when it appeared.

    Any you've installed that *didn't* come with firefox directly? That
    includes any of the multitudes of firefox addons.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Aug 31, 2010