    The day before yesterday I got rid of Firefox, and today I am getting
    rid of Thunderbird. :)
    --
    11/9/2010 9:49:47 PM
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo38, Nov 10, 2010

  2. Old Gringo38

    Anyone Guest

    On 11/09/2010 07:51 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    > The day before yesterday I got rid of Firefox, and today I am getting
    > rid of Thunderbird. :)

    Dull evening(s) in Marfa?

    Anyone, Nov 10, 2010

  3. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 21:04:03 -0800, Anyone wrote:

    > On 11/09/2010 07:51 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >> The day before yesterday I got rid of Firefox, and today I am getting
    >> rid of Thunderbird. :)

    > Dull evening(s) in Marfa?

    Best thing going is to walk down to the blinker light and watch cars
    go by <g> Listening to static on the radio is another fun one.
    Listening to the radio when a storm is approaching is cool as you can
    count the lightning strikes why before they get here.
    --
    11/9/2010 11:12:28 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 10, 2010
  4. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:45:44 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:

    >>> Dull evening(s) in Marfa?

    >> Best thing going is to walk down to the blinker light and watch cars
    >> go by<g> Listening to static on the radio is another fun one.
    >> Listening to the radio when a storm is approaching is cool as you can
    >> count the lightning strikes why before they get here.

    > I was just a little surprised to find that Google's 'Street View' had
    > been there! ;-)

    Oh Yah, that was a big event, everyone in town was talking about it
    :)
    --
    11/10/2010 9:50:35 AM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 10, 2010
  5. Old Gringo38

    XS11E Guest

    Old Gringo38 <> wrote:

    > The day before yesterday I got rid of Firefox, and today I am getting
    > rid of Thunderbird. :)

    Two wise moves IMHO. There are better options.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Nov 10, 2010
  6. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:22:31 -0700, XS11E wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 <> wrote:
    >
    >> The day before yesterday I got rid of Firefox, and today I am getting
    >> rid of Thunderbird. :)

    > Two wise moves IMHO. There are better options.

    I got caught up in the novelty not realizing what pieces of shit they
    were. Firefox to Chrome, and Thunderbird to Mulberry
    --
    11/10/2010 3:15:26 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 10, 2010
  7. Old Gringo38

    Anyone Guest

    On 11/09/2010 09:16 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 21:04:03 -0800, Anyone wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/09/2010 07:51 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >>> The day before yesterday I got rid of Firefox, and today I am getting
    >>> rid of Thunderbird. :)

    >> Dull evening(s) in Marfa?

    > Best thing going is to walk down to the blinker light and watch cars
    > go by<g> Listening to static on the radio is another fun one.
    > Listening to the radio when a storm is approaching is cool as you can
    > count the lightning strikes why before they get here.

    ....or, head-out to Ranch Rd & W-Waco to watch the grass die?

    The AM radio static is what I remember most about a seriously long drive
    between San Antonio and Riverside, about a bazillion years ago. That,
    and hoards of Tarantulas migrating across the road at dusk.

    Anyone, Nov 11, 2010
  8. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:34:07 -0800, Anyone wrote:

    > On 11/09/2010 09:16 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:

    >>> Dull evening(s) in Marfa?

    >> Best thing going is to walk down to the blinker light and watch cars
    >> go by<g> Listening to static on the radio is another fun one.
    >> Listening to the radio when a storm is approaching is cool as you can
    >> count the lightning strikes why before they get here.

    > ...or, head-out to Ranch Rd & W-Waco to watch the grass die?
    >
    > The AM radio static is what I remember most about a seriously long drive
    > between San Antonio and Riverside, about a bazillion years ago. That,
    > and hoards of Tarantulas migrating across the road at dusk.

    Spending the day watching the weeds grow is also fun. <g>
    --
    11/11/2010 8:24:23 AM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010