  1. I have Mozilla, "just" Mozilla as far as I know. What is the difference
    between that and Firefox and Thunderbird? Without downloading and trying
    each, how can I tell which would be best for me?
    Richard Schweitzer, Dec 16, 2005

  2. Richard Schweitzer wrote:
    > I have Mozilla, "just" Mozilla as far as I know. What is the difference
    > between that and Firefox and Thunderbird? Without downloading and trying
    > each, how can I tell which would be best for me?

    Chris Ilias has an entire page on hte subject:

    http://ilias.ca/MozillavsFirefox.html

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 16, 2005

  3. Richard Schweitzer

    gwtc Guest

    Richard Schweitzer wrote:

    > I have Mozilla, "just" Mozilla as far as I know. What is the difference
    > between that and Firefox and Thunderbird? Without downloading and trying
    > each, how can I tell which would be best for me?

    Mozilla the Suite has a browser, email/news, an html editor and a few
    other things.

    Firefox is just a browser, and Thunderbird is just an email/news
    component. And thats all.
    gwtc, Dec 17, 2005
  4. Richard Schweitzer

    AljoshaNL Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Richard Schweitzer wrote:
    >
    >> I have Mozilla, "just" Mozilla as far as I know. What is the
    >> difference between that and Firefox and Thunderbird? Without
    >> downloading and trying each, how can I tell which would be best for me?

    > Mozilla the Suite has a browser, email/news, an html editor and a few
    > other things.
    >
    > Firefox is just a browser, and Thunderbird is just an email/news
    > component. And thats all.

    According to my package manager, FireFox is the 'Future of the Mozilla
    Browser'. So I think THunderbird is the futuru of the Mozilla Composer.
    AljoshaNL, Dec 18, 2005
  5. Richard Schweitzer

    gwtc Guest

    AljoshaNL wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Richard Schweitzer wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have Mozilla, "just" Mozilla as far as I know. What is the
    >>>difference between that and Firefox and Thunderbird? Without
    >>>downloading and trying each, how can I tell which would be best for me?

    >>Mozilla the Suite has a browser, email/news, an html editor and a few
    >>other things.
    >>
    >>Firefox is just a browser, and Thunderbird is just an email/news
    >>component. And thats all.

    > According to my package manager, FireFox is the 'Future of the Mozilla
    > Browser'. So I think THunderbird is the futuru of the Mozilla Composer.

    TB is email/news only; while Mozilla Composer is a separate program
    for creating webpages, and NVU is the future of that program.

    As for them being the future, maybe so, if you like separate program,
    but there is a new program on the horizon called SeaMonkey. It picks
    up where Mozilla left off.
    gwtc, Dec 18, 2005
  6. Richard Schweitzer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    AljoshaNL wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Schweitzer wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have Mozilla, "just" Mozilla as far as I know. What is the
    >>> difference between that and Firefox and Thunderbird? Without
    >>> downloading and trying each, how can I tell which would be best for me?

    >> Mozilla the Suite has a browser, email/news, an html editor and a few
    >> other things.
    >>
    >> Firefox is just a browser, and Thunderbird is just an email/news
    >> component. And thats all.

    > According to my package manager, FireFox is the 'Future of the Mozilla
    > Browser'. So I think THunderbird is the futuru of the Mozilla Composer.

    Package Manager? Specifics please, what is this "thing." Surely you
    didn't sucuumb to one of those ... nah ... err ... you did? Well, if
    so, you now know what they're worth: nothing. Great aggregators of
    misinformation.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Dec 19, 2005
  7. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > AljoshaNL wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Mozilla the Suite has a browser, email/news, an html editor and a few
    >>> other things.
    >>>
    >>> Firefox is just a browser, and Thunderbird is just an email/news
    >>> component. And thats all.

    >> According to my package manager, FireFox is the 'Future of the Mozilla
    >> Browser'. So I think THunderbird is the futuru of the Mozilla Composer.

    > Package Manager? Specifics please, what is this "thing." Surely you
    > didn't sucuumb to one of those ... nah ... err ... you did? Well, if
    > so, you now know what they're worth: nothing. Great aggregators of
    > misinformation.

    User is on Linux, and I am sure the Package Manager to which he refers
    is that provided by his distro, and updates the software.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 19, 2005
  8. Richard Schweitzer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> AljoshaNL wrote:

    >>> According to my package manager, FireFox is the 'Future of the
    >>> Mozilla Browser'. So I think THunderbird is the futuru of the Mozilla
    >>> Composer.

    >> Package Manager? Specifics please, what is this "thing." Surely you
    >> didn't sucuumb to one of those ... nah ... err ... you did? Well, if
    >> so, you now know what they're worth: nothing. Great aggregators of
    >> misinformation.
    >>

    > User is on Linux, and I am sure the Package Manager to which he refers
    > is that provided by his distro, and updates the software.
    >
    > Lee

    Ahh! Thanks, Lee.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Dec 19, 2005
  9. On 2005-12-18, AljoshaNL <> wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Richard Schweitzer wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have Mozilla, "just" Mozilla as far as I know. What is the
    >>> difference between that and Firefox and Thunderbird? Without
    >>> downloading and trying each, how can I tell which would be best for me?

    >> Mozilla the Suite has a browser, email/news, an html editor and a few
    >> other things.
    >>
    >> Firefox is just a browser, and Thunderbird is just an email/news
    >> component. And thats all.

    > According to my package manager, FireFox is the 'Future of the Mozilla
    > Browser'. So I think THunderbird is the futuru of the Mozilla Composer.

    No; "nvu" seems to be the successor to Mozilla Composer:
    http://www.nvu.com/about.html

    Thunderbird is the successor to "Mozilla Mail."

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Dec 20, 2005