Firefox the default browser?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by frijolie, Nov 11, 2004.

  1. frijolie

    frijolie Guest

    Hey all,

    I'm running Mandrake Linux 10.1 Community Edition and Firefox version
    1.0 "preview release". Every time I launch the browser it is always
    asking if I want to set Firefox to be the default browser. Each time I
    click "yes" and go on, however the next time I load Firefox it asks
    again if I want to make it my default browser. How do I stop it from
    asking? That is, other then deselecting the "Firefox should check to see
    if it is the default browser when starting" box. When I click on the
    "yes" button shouldn't I feel confident that it's doing what it says and
    making Firefox my default browser? I must say that Firefox is the one
    and only browser installed on my system, and nothing else exists (I
    believe I've erased all traces of the old browsers on my system
    including Mozilla itself). Where do I start and how can I fix this
    annoying problem?

    TIA

    Frijolie

    frijolie, Nov 11, 2004