FireFox Tells Your Location

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by tedE@eworq.com, Sep 20, 2010.

  1. Guest

    , Sep 20, 2010

  2. Griffin Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 23:34:24 -0500, wrote this:

    >How many users know their location can be found by geolocation
    >nonsense built into Mozilla Firefox?
    >
    >How to turn it off.
    >http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/geolocation/

    geo.enabled; true

    Does this mean it is on or off?

    Griffin.

    PS. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.
    Griffin, Sep 20, 2010

  3. Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:36:31 +0100, Griffin <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 23:34:24 -0500, wrote this:
    >
    >>How many users know their location can be found by geolocation
    >>nonsense built into Mozilla Firefox?
    >>
    >>How to turn it off.
    >>http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/geolocation/

    >geo.enabled; true
    >
    >Does this mean it is on or off?
    >
    >Griffin.
    >
    >PS. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.

    As per the instructions given at the url. You'll know it is off when
    you see the Value column for geo.enabled contain the word 'false'.
    , Sep 21, 2010