    program.

    Anyone else seeing this at all?
    , Jan 10, 2008

  2. Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:08:39 -0600, in message <>,
    wrote:

    > Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
    > disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
    > might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
    > way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
    > bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
    > not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
    > hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
    > program.
    >
    > Anyone else seeing this at all?

    I see this occasionally with other apps running on XP Pro, including MS Word.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Jan 10, 2008

  3. Dan C Guest

    wrote:
    > Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
    > disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
    > might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
    > way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
    > bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
    > not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
    > hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
    > program.
    >
    > Anyone else seeing this at all?

    Yes. I found it to go hand in hand with the lock up of
    the cursor and the momentary freeze of the program.
    Dan C, Jan 10, 2008
  4. dino Guest

    wrote:
    > Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
    > disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
    > might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
    > way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
    > bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
    > not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
    > hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
    > program.
    >
    > Anyone else seeing this at all?

    I've seen it with FF and not with any other program. Usually Alt+Tab to
    get it back
    dino, Jan 10, 2008
  5. Guest

    On Jan 10, 3:42 pm, dino <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
    > > disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
    > > might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
    > > way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
    > > bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
    > > not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
    > > hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
    > > program.

    > > Anyone else seeing this at all?

    > I've seen it with FF and not with any other program. Usually Alt+Tab to
    > get it back

    I too have experienced this.
    I believe there was also a second program which was affected this way,
    but it has typically been FireFox
    It may occur on my machine when the CPU usage reaches high levels.
    , Jan 21, 2008