Firefox tabs

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by James Bond, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. James Bond

    James Bond Guest

    One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
    everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
    will not go away.

    Any ideas?
     
    James Bond, Jan 1, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. James Bond

    Ed Mullen Guest

    James Bond wrote:

    > One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
    > everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
    > will not go away.
    >
    > Any ideas?


    Is it the only page/tab that opens when you start FF? If so it's
    probably set as your home page. Tools - Options - General and check
    what's listed under the home page section.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/moz.html
    Music, I suppose, will be the thing that sustains me when I'm too old
    for sex, and not quite ready to meet God. - Dolly Parton
     
    Ed Mullen, Jan 1, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. James Bond

    James Bond Guest

    No, it always comes up as the second tab. My start page (an excellent
    one I btw - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ) shows up
    as the #1 (left) tab.

    On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:52:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >James Bond wrote:
    >
    >> One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
    >> everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
    >> will not go away.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    >
    >Is it the only page/tab that opens when you start FF? If so it's
    >probably set as your home page. Tools - Options - General and check
    >what's listed under the home page section.
     
    James Bond, Jan 2, 2005
    #3
  4. James Bond

    Ed Mullen Guest

    James Bond wrote:

    > No, it always comes up as the second tab. My start page (an excellent
    > one I btw - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ) shows up
    > as the #1 (left) tab.
    >
    > On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:52:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>James Bond wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
    >>>everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
    >>>will not go away.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?

    >>
    >>Is it the only page/tab that opens when you start FF? If so it's
    >>probably set as your home page. Tools - Options - General and check
    >>what's listed under the home page section.

    >
    >


    Ok. But I also suggested looking in Tools - Options to see exactly
    what's listed for your home page. It's possible there are two URLs
    there and that's why this is happening. Did you actually go check?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/moz.html
    What is the speed of dark?
     
    Ed Mullen, Jan 2, 2005
    #4
  5. James Bond

    James Bond Guest

    Sorry, I missed that part of your earlier message. And, you were
    absolutely right. Thanks.

    I guess that is a quirky thing about Firefox and Tab browsing. If you
    tell it you want the current page, it includes any open tabs.

    Thanks again.

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:21:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >James Bond wrote:
    >
    >> No, it always comes up as the second tab. My start page (an excellent
    >> one I btw - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ) shows up
    >> as the #1 (left) tab.
    >>
    >> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:52:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>James Bond wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
    >>>>everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
    >>>>will not go away.
    >>>>
    >>>>Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>>Is it the only page/tab that opens when you start FF? If so it's
    >>>probably set as your home page. Tools - Options - General and check
    >>>what's listed under the home page section.

    >>
    >>

    >
    >Ok. But I also suggested looking in Tools - Options to see exactly
    >what's listed for your home page. It's possible there are two URLs
    >there and that's why this is happening. Did you actually go check?
     
    James Bond, Jan 5, 2005
    #5
  6. James Bond

    Ed Mullen Guest

    James Bond wrote:

    > Sorry, I missed that part of your earlier message. And, you were
    > absolutely right. Thanks.
    >
    > I guess that is a quirky thing about Firefox and Tab browsing. If you
    > tell it you want the current page, it includes any open tabs.
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:21:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>James Bond wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>No, it always comes up as the second tab. My start page (an excellent
    >>>one I btw - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ) shows up
    >>>as the #1 (left) tab.
    >>>
    >>>On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:52:19 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>James Bond wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>One of the first pages I ever accessed in Firefox (1.0) opens in a tab
    >>>>>everytime I start Firefox. I have closed it a dozen times, it just
    >>>>>will not go away.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Any ideas?
    >>>>
    >>>>Is it the only page/tab that opens when you start FF? If so it's
    >>>>probably set as your home page. Tools - Options - General and check
    >>>>what's listed under the home page section.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>Ok. But I also suggested looking in Tools - Options to see exactly
    >>what's listed for your home page. It's possible there are two URLs
    >>there and that's why this is happening. Did you actually go check?

    >
    >


    Say you have several tabs open and you go to Tools - Options - General.
    If you look closely in the dialogue the button has changed from "Use
    Current Page" to "Use Current Pages". Very subtle and easy to miss.

    Glad you got it solved. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/moz.html
    Try not to let your mind wander. it's too small and fragile to be out by
    itself.
     
    Ed Mullen, Jan 5, 2005
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Danny Colyer
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    842
  2. Jeff Ingram
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    853
    Jeff Ingram
    Jun 19, 2004
  3. Karl S
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    558
  4. SAM

    Tabs don't open in Firefox

    SAM, Aug 15, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    645
  5. me
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    621
Loading...

Share This Page