    use to "transfer" files.

    Any advice much appreciated.
    David

    DavidM, Jun 5, 2006

  2. DavidM

    gwtc Guest

    DavidM wrote:

    > What's the best way of synchronising the favourites list between my PC,
    > and laptop so that links I add on each can be used on the other.
    >
    > A procedure that could be semi automated and linked to a desktop
    > shortcut would be great. I have a network connected drive that I can
    > use to "transfer" files.
    >
    > Any advice much appreciated.
    > David

    First of all, in the world of Mozilla, there's not such thing as
    favourites. That's an MS thing. In Moz, they're called bookmarks.

    since the laptop and the pc are connected, here's what I would do.
    Create a new directory called Firefox Bookmarks. Then place the
    bookmarks.html file in it. Bookmarks.html is the file that contains
    all your bookmarks. Now, in the address bar of the pc type in
    about:config and look for the entry of:

    browser.bookmarks.file

    double click on it and change the entry to the location of your
    bookmark file. Now, do the same to the laptop. There. You're done.
    Now you have one file for both.

    If you don't have that entry, then click on any entry, right click and
    select New, String, and in the first box, enter the line above and in
    the second, point to the location of the file.

    To find the bookmark file: Open the Bookmark Manager [from
    Bookmarks], click on File, Export, and export that file to the new
    directory.

    --
    You know you need a new housekeeper when: they keep looking nervously
    at the TV and asking if you're planning to watch America's Most Wanted.

    gwtc, Jun 5, 2006

  3. DavidM

    mike555 Guest

    mike555, Jun 5, 2006
  4. DavidM

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:43:18 GMT, in message <aVTgg.3597$>,
    DavidM wrote:

    > What's the best way of synchronising the favourites list between my PC,
    > and laptop so that links I add on each can be used on the other.
    >
    > A procedure that could be semi automated and linked to a desktop
    > shortcut would be great. I have a network connected drive that I can
    > use to "transfer" files.
    >
    > Any advice much appreciated.
    > David

    I haven't tried the "Google Browser Sync" extension yet,
    but from its description it appears that it might meet
    your needs.
    http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/browsersync/index.html

    --
    Cheers,