    More info at: http://habaneronetworks.com/viewArticle.php?ID=177

    Jay Calvert
    HabaneroNetworks.com
    Jay Calvert, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Jay Calvert

    scratch Guest

    Jay Calvert wrote:
    > Though only halfway through the month, according to my stats package,
    > WebLog Expert, Habanero Networks has attracted more users using
    > Mozilla's Firefox than Microsoft's Internet Explorer in March.
    >
    > Firefox: 27.45%
    > Internet Explorer 27.14%
    >

    > More info at: http://habaneronetworks.com/viewArticle.php?ID=177

    what's the other ~40% using?

    -scratch
    scratch, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Jay Calvert

    Barney Guest

    Jay Calvert <"mainnoumor"@scilioldur.mailexpire.com> had
    writtennews:d1991v$rog$:

    > Though only halfway through the month, according to my stats
    > package, WebLog Expert, Habanero Networks has attracted more users
    > using Mozilla's Firefox than Microsoft's Internet Explorer in
    > March.
    >
    > Firefox: 27.45%
    > Internet Explorer 27.14%

    The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who has
    windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE already. Most
    probably, MIE is used to download FF.

    --
    Barney __________________________
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!
    Barney, Mar 16, 2005
  4. Barney wrote:
    > Jay Calvert <"mainnoumor"@scilioldur.mailexpire.com> had
    > writtennews:d1991v$rog$:
    >

    >>Though only halfway through the month, according to my stats
    >>package, WebLog Expert, Habanero Networks has attracted more users
    >>using Mozilla's Firefox than Microsoft's Internet Explorer in
    >>March.
    >>
    >>Firefox: 27.45%
    >>Internet Explorer 27.14%
    >>

    > The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who has
    > windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE already. Most
    > probably, MIE is used to download FF.

    The first time, sure it is. What's your point?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 17, 2005
  5. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:11:47 +0000, Barney wrote:

    > The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who has
    > windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE already. Most
    > probably, MIE is used to download FF.

    Actually, I downloaded my first version of Mozilla using Netscape 4.7. I
    have never used IE on my home computer for web browsing, only for
    updates

    Mark
    Mark Landreville, Mar 18, 2005
  6. Jay Calvert

    Barney Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> had
    writtennews:g2k_d.146069$
    :

    > Barney wrote:
    >> Jay Calvert <"mainnoumor"@scilioldur.mailexpire.com> had
    >> writtennews:d1991v$rog$:
    >>

    >>>Though only halfway through the month, according to my stats
    >>>package, WebLog Expert, Habanero Networks has attracted more
    >>>users using Mozilla's Firefox than Microsoft's Internet Explorer
    >>>in March.
    >>>
    >>>Firefox: 27.45%
    >>>Internet Explorer 27.14%
    >>>

    >> The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who
    >> has windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE
    >> already. Most probably, MIE is used to download FF.
    >>

    > The first time, sure it is. What's your point?
    >
    > Lee

    Downloading FF is to be expected because it wasn't on the computer to
    start with. Less will download MIE if they already have it. Who is
    downloading MIE?

    Barney, Mar 18, 2005
  7. Jay Calvert

    Barney Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> had
    writtennews:g2k_d.146069$
    :

    Barney, Mar 18, 2005
  8. Jay Calvert

    Barney Guest

    Mark Landreville <> had
    writtennews:p:

    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:11:47 +0000, Barney wrote:
    >

    >> The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who
    >> has windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE
    >> already. Most probably, MIE is used to download FF.

    > Actually, I downloaded my first version of Mozilla using Netscape
    > 4.7. I have never used IE on my home computer for web browsing,
    > only for updates
    >
    > Mark

    How did you get Mozilla? I got Netscape on a floppy years ago for
    W95. When I got the new computer with WXP I used MIE for Mozilla. No
    floppy drive!

    Barney, Mar 18, 2005
  9. Jay Calvert

    Justin Guest

    Barney wrote on [18 Mar 2005 16:05:41 GMT]:
    > Mark Landreville <> had
    > writtennews:p:
    >
    >> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:11:47 +0000, Barney wrote:
    >>

    >>> The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who
    >>> has windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE
    >>> already. Most probably, MIE is used to download FF.

    >> Actually, I downloaded my first version of Mozilla using Netscape
    >> 4.7. I have never used IE on my home computer for web browsing,
    >> only for updates
    >>
    >> Mark

    > How did you get Mozilla?

    With netscape! How did he download Netscape? I originally downloaded
    Netscape with Mosaic. Before there WAS IE. You can also download Mozilla
    via FTP.
    Justin, Mar 18, 2005
  10. Jay Calvert

    Barney Guest

    Justin <> had
    writtennews:2go.com:

    >> How did you get Mozilla?

    > With netscape! How did he download Netscape? I originally
    > downloaded Netscape with Mosaic. Before there WAS IE. You can also
    > download Mozilla via FTP.

    Windows 95 was my first use of a browser. BBs never used them.
    Netscape replaced MIE but I didn't find it that good. Mozilla since
    and FF now. Even so, I can't see why anyone today would need to
    download MIE. It's there already or has that changed?

    Barney, Mar 19, 2005
  11. Jay Calvert

    ..brian.. Guest

    Barney wrote:
    > Mark Landreville <> had
    > writtennews:p:
    >
    > > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:11:47 +0000, Barney wrote:
    > >

    > >> The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who
    > >> has windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE
    > >> already. Most probably, MIE is used to download FF.

    > > Actually, I downloaded my first version of Mozilla using Netscape
    > > 4.7. I have never used IE on my home computer for web browsing,
    > > only for updates
    > >
    > > Mark

    > How did you get Mozilla? I got Netscape on a floppy years ago for
    > W95. When I got the new computer with WXP I used MIE for Mozilla. No
    > floppy drive!

    You could have FTPed to Mozilla and grabbed it -- No IE required ;-)
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Mar 20, 2005
  12. Jay Calvert

    Barney Guest

    "..brian.." <> had
    writtennews::

    > You could have FTPed to Mozilla and grabbed it -- No IE required ;-)

    Just as easy with a browser and the one built in. On dial up, it's only
    time.

    Barney, Mar 20, 2005
  13. Barney wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> had
    > writtennews:g2k_d.146069$
    > :

    >>>The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who
    >>>has windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE
    >>>already. Most probably, MIE is used to download FF.
    >>>

    >>The first time, sure it is. What's your point?
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Downloading FF is to be expected because it wasn't on the computer to
    > start with. Less will download MIE if they already have it. Who is
    > downloading MIE?

    I understand the basics of that, IE downloads are pretty much restricted
    to those who have older versions on Windows installed, or those who need
    to correct a serious problem.

    You're trying to make a point here, but I just don't see what it is?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 22, 2005
  14. Jay Calvert

    Barney Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> had
    writtennews:irL%d.433187$
    t:

    > I understand the basics of that, IE downloads are pretty much
    > restricted to those who have older versions on Windows installed,
    > or those who need to correct a serious problem.
    >
    > You're trying to make a point here, but I just don't see what it
    > is?
    >
    > Lee

    There would be more FF registered if MIE was not there by default.
    Windows has to have a browser, for most to get on the internet. Most
    new computers are sold to those who haven't been on the internet
    before and hence are afraid to try a different browser. The ratio is
    surprising that in comparison to MIE, FF is actualy doing better.
    It's a browser people must seek out and download. How many would
    download MIE, if it wasn't the browser shipped with windows?

    Barney, Mar 22, 2005