Firefox suddenly stops loading websites

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by HellPope Huey, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Firefox (being used within Mac OS X 10.2) has begun to behave
    erratically. After varying intervals, on numerous websites, it begins
    saying there is no data on that page and will not go Back/Reload or says
    "Site cannot be found; please check address." These happen on a roughly
    50/50 basis. (Its not any particular sites, but a general behavior.)

    If I shut it down and reinstantiate, it goes back to behaving
    properly. I have had no luck in troubleshooting due to the intermittent
    nature of it; adjusting settings seems like a hazy prospect when it
    rolls along fine as a rule.

    like to better understand how and why this is happening with this
    version. Great program, odd behavior. Any ideas? Thanks.

    --

    HP Huey

    It is doubtless a vice to turn one's eyes inward too much,
    but I am my own comedy and tragedy.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "If you fall into a bonfire, you don't need AA;
    that's a one-step program."
    ~ Christopher Titus

    HellPope Huey, Jan 14, 2006

  2. HellPope Huey wrote:

    > Firefox (being used within Mac OS X 10.2) has begun to behave
    > erratically. After varying intervals, on numerous websites, it begins
    > saying there is no data on that page and will not go Back/Reload or says
    > "Site cannot be found; please check address." These happen on a roughly
    > 50/50 basis. (Its not any particular sites, but a general behavior.)
    >
    > If I shut it down and reinstantiate, it goes back to behaving properly.
    > I have had no luck in troubleshooting due to the intermittent nature of
    > it; adjusting settings seems like a hazy prospect when it rolls along
    > fine as a rule.

    > like to better understand how and why this is happening with this
    > version. Great program, odd behavior. Any ideas? Thanks.

    If your problem is with teh browser's back function, 1.5 has a fix for this.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 15, 2006

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > HellPope Huey wrote:
    >

    >> Firefox (being used within Mac OS X 10.2) has begun to behave
    >> erratically. After varying intervals, on numerous websites, it begins
    >> saying there is no data on that page and will not go Back/Reload or
    >> says "Site cannot be found; please check address." These happen on a
    >> roughly 50/50 basis. (Its not any particular sites, but a general
    >> behavior.)

    > If your problem is with teh browser's back function, 1.5 has a fix for
    > this.

    Okay, sounds sensible; the new builds always seem to bring more good
    than clunkers. It was about time I did that anyway! Thanks.

    HP Huey

    HellPope Huey, Jan 17, 2006
  4. HellPope Huey wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> HellPope Huey wrote:
    >>

    >>> Firefox (being used within Mac OS X 10.2) has begun to behave
    >>> erratically. After varying intervals, on numerous websites, it begins
    >>> saying there is no data on that page and will not go Back/Reload or
    >>> says "Site cannot be found; please check address." These happen on a
    >>> roughly 50/50 basis. (Its not any particular sites, but a general
    >>> behavior.)

    >> If your problem is with teh browser's back function, 1.5 has a fix for
    >> this.

    > Okay, sounds sensible; the new builds always seem to bring more good
    > than clunkers. It was about time I did that anyway! Thanks.
    >
    > HP Huey

    If you get a chance, let me know how it performs on 10.2.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2006