    at ALL !
    **** them ,
    D.
    D., Jul 10, 2008

  2. D. wrote:
    > i get this about twice a day .
    > what a pain in the ass !!!!!!!
    > since i installed ff3 , i constantly have
    > problems accessing sites , opening tabs
    > and several times not being able
    > to access at all .
    > when is ff going to wake the **** up
    > and do SOMETHING ????????
    > they NEVER should have released it
    > at ALL !
    > **** them ,
    > D.

    do what? You haven't said anything. I use FF and I
    don't have problems.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 10, 2008

  3. D.

    D. Guest

    hey jerk ,
    if you feel that i " haven't said anything "
    then why don't you go and ****
    yourself , again !
    D.
    in the future , DON"T reply to my posts !

    D., Jul 10, 2008
  4. D. wrote:
    > hey jerk ,
    > if you feel that i " haven't said anything "
    > then why don't you go and ****
    > yourself , again !
    > D.
    > in the future , DON"T reply to my posts !

    then don't expect anyone to help you.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 10, 2008
  5. D.

    D. Guest

    if YOU are the only source of help in
    this ng then i won't be missing much !
    D.

    D., Jul 10, 2008
  6. D.

    Old Enough Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:07:22 -0400, "D." <> wrote:

    >i get this about twice a day .
    >what a pain in the ass !!!!!!!
    >since i installed ff3 , i constantly have
    >problems accessing sites , opening tabs
    >and several times not being able
    >to access at all .
    >when is ff going to wake the **** up
    >and do SOMETHING ????????
    >they NEVER should have released it
    >at ALL !
    > **** them ,
    > D.

    D:

    It is a well-known fact that those who feel called to use frequent
    obscenities and/or profanities show a sorry lack of command of the
    language. Why not investigate a ESL course?

    Aside from that, though, the best way to get help and answers is by
    stating specific problems and asking specific questions.

    It so happens that Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo is one of the more
    knowledgeable and helpful people on this group.

    I'm sure that if you have a specific problem, and state it in a
    half-decent way, Peter will be glad to help you.

    Incidentally, I have used FF 3 from the beginning, and while some
    things are a bit different from the previous release (if there would
    be no difference, why come with a new release?), it works great for
    me.

    Cheers!! And have a great day!

    _________________________________
    Old Enough
    to know I don't know a thing ....
    Old Enough, Jul 11, 2008
  7. D.

    D. Guest

    **** you too ed !

    D., Jul 11, 2008
  8. D.

    Old Enough Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:07:22 -0400, "D." <> wrote:

    >i get this about twice a day .
    >what a pain in the ass !!!!!!!
    >since i installed ff3 , i constantly have
    >problems accessing sites , opening tabs
    >and several times not being able
    >to access at all .
    >when is ff going to wake the **** up
    >and do SOMETHING ????????
    >they NEVER should have released it
    >at ALL !
    > **** them ,
    > D.

    Well, D.: I think you've got all the answers you need.

    Cheers! and have a great day!
    _________________________________
    Old Enough
    to know I don't know a thing ....
    Old Enough, Jul 11, 2008
  9. D.

    Guest

    On Jul 10, 8:22 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:
    > D. wrote:
    > > i get this about twice a day .
    > > what a pain in the ass !!!!!!!
    > > since i installed ff3 , i constantly have
    > > problems accessing sites , opening tabs
    > > and several times not being able
    > > to access at all .
    > > when is ff going to wake the **** up
    > > and do SOMETHING ????????
    > > they NEVER should have released it
    > > at ALL !
    > >                          **** them ,
    > >                               D.

    > do what?  You haven't said anything. I use FF and I
    > don't have problems.
    >
    > --
    > *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    > help!!!!
    >
    > Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Well I have an issue (several in fact) with Firefox and can write
    something. Whenever I close Firefox it is still running. It doesn't
    matter if I close the very normal way of clicking the X button at top
    right or go to File-Exit.
    * If I open Firefox again it will pop up a message that firefox is
    till running and I will need to shut it down or restart the computer
    befor running it again. I go to Task manager an lo and behold, there
    is firefox running and I kill it. Then I can run it again.
    * If I shut down the computer it pops up xpcom error and hangs. I go
    to Task Manager and kill firefox.exe and the machine will shutdown
    normally.

    -- I'm running Firefox 3.0, with no addons on Windows XP machine,
    fully updated. Just plain Firefox. I've tried to remove the profile
    folder, but then it will not start and comes up with the familiar
    message that Firefox is still running etc. even though it is NOT
    running. So I restored the profile folder back.
    -- I've uninstalled and installed again, but that didn't change
    anything at all.

    If you have solution that would be great. And just to be on the safe
    side: I don't see it as solution to always go to Task manager and
    kill the firefox process.
    , Jul 14, 2008
  10. wrote:
    > On Jul 10, 8:22 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >> D. wrote:
    >>> i get this about twice a day .
    >>> what a pain in the ass !!!!!!!
    >>> since i installed ff3 , i constantly have
    >>> problems accessing sites , opening tabs
    >>> and several times not being able
    >>> to access at all .
    >>> when is ff going to wake the **** up
    >>> and do SOMETHING ????????
    >>> they NEVER should have released it
    >>> at ALL !
    >>> **** them ,
    >>> D.

    >> do what? You haven't said anything. I use FF and I
    >> don't have problems.
    >>
    >> --
    >> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    >> help!!!!
    >>
    >> Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
    >>
    >> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    > Well I have an issue (several in fact) with Firefox and can write
    > something. Whenever I close Firefox it is still running. It doesn't
    > matter if I close the very normal way of clicking the X button at top
    > right or go to File-Exit.
    > * If I open Firefox again it will pop up a message that firefox is
    > till running and I will need to shut it down or restart the computer
    > befor running it again. I go to Task manager an lo and behold, there
    > is firefox running and I kill it. Then I can run it again.
    > * If I shut down the computer it pops up xpcom error and hangs. I go
    > to Task Manager and kill firefox.exe and the machine will shutdown
    > normally.
    >
    > -- I'm running Firefox 3.0, with no addons on Windows XP machine,
    > fully updated. Just plain Firefox. I've tried to remove the profile
    > folder, but then it will not start and comes up with the familiar
    > message that Firefox is still running etc. even though it is NOT
    > running. So I restored the profile folder back.
    > -- I've uninstalled and installed again, but that didn't change
    > anything at all.
    >
    > If you have solution that would be great. And just to be on the safe
    > side: I don't see it as solution to always go to Task manager and
    > kill the firefox process.

    you're right, its not a solution, but its the only one.
    This problem is usually cause by a by
    addon/extension, or theme. It can also be cause by
    listen to audio or viewing vids. It can also happen
    when websites are using bad javascripts, java, or
    flash. In otherwords, the devs of FF can't figure it
    out. They're aware of it, but can't solve it. There
    are basically two ways to fix this problem and neither
    of them are good solutions. The first is by the task
    manager. The other is to delete the file parent.lock
    [or .parentlock, or something similar], which is kept
    in the FF profile. When FF is running, then you will
    see that file. When FF is closed, then you shouldn't
    see it. But, when you close it and it hasn't shut down
    properly, then you'll still see it.

    The major problem that the developers have is with
    people like me, I've never had that happen. So, if a
    dev can reproduce it, then it becomes even more harder
    to track down the problem. They've been working for a
    solution since the 1.5 days.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 14, 2008
  11. D.

    Guest

    On Jul 14, 10:08 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:
> [...]

    > are basically two ways to fix this problem and neither
    > of them are good solutions.  The first is by the task
    > manager.  The other is to delete the file parent.lock
    > [or .parentlock, or something similar], which is kept
    > in the FF profile.  When FF is running, then you will
    > see that file.  When FF is closed, then you shouldn't
    > see it.  But, when you close it and it hasn't shut down
    > properly, then you'll still see it.
    >
    > The major problem that the developers have is with
    > people like me, I've never had that happen. So, if a
    > dev can reproduce it, then it becomes even more harder
    > to track down the problem.  They've been working for a
    > solution since the 1.5 days.
    >
    > --
    > *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    > help!!!!
    >
    > Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public

    Ok Thank you for your answer. At least it is informational, which is
    more than I've had from most until now (devs or other). Maybe I'll
    post the other issues I have sometime... probably when I'm about to
    lose my mind ;) (which happens on regular bases).
    , Jul 14, 2008
  12. D.

    D. Guest

    you won't find any help here .
    all you will hear is : " i don't have any problems
    with ff 3 " . in other words , they don't have a clue .
    i believe there is an update coming on 6 / 18
    and hopefully that will fix SOMETHING .
    good luck ,
    D.
    <krumpa.krossgata

    D., Jul 15, 2008
  13. D.

    yamazakura Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo a écrit :
    > wrote:
    >> On Jul 10, 8:22 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> do what? You haven't said anything. I use FF and I
    >>> don't have problems.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    >>> help!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
    >>>
    >>> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying
    >>> Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    >> Well I have an issue (several in fact) with Firefox and can write
    >> something. Whenever I close Firefox it is still running. It doesn't
    >> matter if I close the very normal way of clicking the X button at top
    >> right or go to File-Exit.
    >> * If I open Firefox again it will pop up a message that firefox is
    >> till running and I will need to shut it down or restart the computer
    >> befor running it again. I go to Task manager an lo and behold, there
    >> is firefox running and I kill it. Then I can run it again.
    >> * If I shut down the computer it pops up xpcom error and hangs. I go
    >> to Task Manager and kill firefox.exe and the machine will shutdown
    >> normally.
    >>
    >> -- I'm running Firefox 3.0, with no addons on Windows XP machine,
    >> fully updated. Just plain Firefox. I've tried to remove the profile
    >> folder, but then it will not start and comes up with the familiar
    >> message that Firefox is still running etc. even though it is NOT
    >> running. So I restored the profile folder back.
    >> -- I've uninstalled and installed again, but that didn't change
    >> anything at all.
    >>
    >> If you have solution that would be great. And just to be on the safe
    >> side: I don't see it as solution to always go to Task manager and
    >> kill the firefox process.

    > you're right, its not a solution, but its the only one. This problem is
    > usually cause by a by addon/extension, or theme. It can also be cause
    > by listen to audio or viewing vids. It can also happen when websites
    > are using bad javascripts, java, or flash. In otherwords, the devs of
    > FF can't figure it out. They're aware of it, but can't solve it. There
    > are basically two ways to fix this problem and neither of them are good
    > solutions. The first is by the task manager. The other is to delete
    > the file parent.lock [or .parentlock, or something similar], which is
    > kept in the FF profile. When FF is running, then you will see that
    > file. When FF is closed, then you shouldn't see it. But, when you
    > close it and it hasn't shut down properly, then you'll still see it.
    >
    > The major problem that the developers have is with people like me, I've
    > never had that happen. So, if a dev can reproduce it, then it becomes
    > even more harder to track down the problem. They've been working for a
    > solution since the 1.5 days.

    I am using FF3.01 under XP SP2 and have the same problem. For now no
    other way out than killing the process in the task manager. I noticed
    that as long as firefox.exe is active you cannot delete the parent lock
    file (file in use) therefore it is not a solution either. Concurrently
    an other issue occurred in my Firefox : even though all necessary
    options are checked, javascript functions will not work. For instance
    pop up windows will not open (they are allowed though). I wonder if the
    two problems are linked or not, but I am considering to switch to IE at
    least temporarily until those issues are solved.
    yamazakura, Aug 3, 2008
  14. D.

    Jim S Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:03:43 +0200, yamazakura wrote:

> [...]

    >> The major problem that the developers have is with people like me, I've
    >> never had that happen. So, if a dev can reproduce it, then it becomes
    >> even more harder to track down the problem. They've been working for a
    >> solution since the 1.5 days.
    >>

    > I am using FF3.01 under XP SP2 and have the same problem. For now no
    > other way out than killing the process in the task manager. I noticed
    > that as long as firefox.exe is active you cannot delete the parent lock
    > file (file in use) therefore it is not a solution either. Concurrently
    > an other issue occurred in my Firefox : even though all necessary
    > options are checked, javascript functions will not work. For instance
    > pop up windows will not open (they are allowed though). I wonder if the
    > two problems are linked or not, but I am considering to switch to IE at
    > least temporarily until those issues are solved.

    I am finding exactly the same, but without the parent lock. I find it
    particularly annoying when an add-on updates and I am TOLD to restart, then
    it doesn't.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Aug 3, 2008
  15. D.

    Jim S Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:15:28 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Jim S wrote:
    >> I find it
    >> particularly annoying when an add-on updates and I am TOLD to restart, then
    >> it doesn't.

    > what, you expect the extension to restart FF for you,
    > or do you do it manually?

    If the extension is new at startup then Continue obviously works, if I use
    the Restart Firefox button or Quick Restart, then sometimes it does and
    sometimes it doesn't.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Aug 3, 2008
  16. D.

    yamazakura Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo a écrit :
    > Tonry Raven wrote:
    >> In article <g74l8h$sm3$>,
    >> says...
    >>> well, good luck in waiting. The problem of closing down, has been
    >>> around since FF 1.5 days.
    >>>

    >> Yep, and Mozilla blame the users for not closing the programme
    >> properly through the menu rather than the close window box - even
    >> though it still happens if you close it as they want. I really don't
    >> know why they have such a blind spot to fixing this very common problem.
    >>
    >> Tony

    > because its hard to pin-point the problem. Some say its because of a
    > broken extension, others say its theme related. Others will tell you
    > because of poor video, audio, or flash problem. Or its a plugin problem
    > that calls for wmp, realplayer, the adobe reader, or something other
    > plugin. Still, I've heard its because of a poorly designed java or
    > javascript. Then again, I've even heard some say it a windows problem,
    > its not shutting down the program properly.
    >
    > So, until the developers can figure out exactly what the problem is,
    > they really can't fix it. Then again, why do some people have this
    > shutting down problem, and others don't. I've never experienced it so I
    > don't know what the problem. Do you know what causes it?

    I can now better describe the conditions when this shutting down problem
    occurs in my environment. When using FF3 if I make sure no javascript
    function is invoked during the session when I close FF (either by
    clicking the upper right corner X or the quit function in the File menu)
    then FF show a panel where there are 3 choices "Record and Quit", "Quit"
    or "Cancel" . In this case the closing is correct and FF can be
    restarted without problem.
    If during the session a javascript function is invoked (for instance
    trying to open a pop up window) then 1 the javascript never execute 2
    when closing FF I have a different closing panel shown, where choice is
    between "close tabs" or "cancel". if "close tabs" is chosen FF
    disappears but the shutting down is not complete the firefox.exe process
    remains active and has to be terminated via the Tasks manager. Those
    were the last details I could observe I hope they can possibly help
    localize the problem.
    yamazakura, Aug 4, 2008
  17. D.

    yamazakura Guest

    D. a écrit :
    > you won't find any help here .
    > all you will hear is : " i don't have any problems
    > with ff 3 " . in other words , they don't have a clue .
    > i believe there is an update coming on 6 / 18
    > and hopefully that will fix SOMETHING .
    > good luck ,
    > D.
    > <krumpa.krossgata
    > @gmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Jul 10, 8:22 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >> D. wrote:
    >>> i get this about twice a day .
    >>> what a pain in the ass !!!!!!!
    >>> since i installed ff3 , i constantly have
    >>> problems accessing sites , opening tabs
    >>> and several times not being able
    >>> to access at all .
    >>> when is ff going to wake the **** up
    >>> and do SOMETHING ????????
    >>> they NEVER should have released it
    >>> at ALL !
    >>> **** them ,
    >>> D.

    >> do what? You haven't said anything. I use FF and I
    >> don't have problems.
    >>
    >> --
    >> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    >> help!!!!
    >>
    >> Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
    >>
    >> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying
    >> Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    > Well I have an issue (several in fact) with Firefox and can write
    > something. Whenever I close Firefox it is still running. It doesn't
    > matter if I close the very normal way of clicking the X button at top
    > right or go to File-Exit.
    > * If I open Firefox again it will pop up a message that firefox is
    > till running and I will need to shut it down or restart the computer
    > befor running it again. I go to Task manager an lo and behold, there
    > is firefox running and I kill it. Then I can run it again.
    > * If I shut down the computer it pops up xpcom error and hangs. I go
    > to Task Manager and kill firefox.exe and the machine will shutdown
    > normally.
    >
    > -- I'm running Firefox 3.0, with no addons on Windows XP machine,
    > fully updated. Just plain Firefox. I've tried to remove the profile
    > folder, but then it will not start and comes up with the familiar
    > message that Firefox is still running etc. even though it is NOT
    > running. So I restored the profile folder back.
    > -- I've uninstalled and installed again, but that didn't change
    > anything at all.
    >
    > If you have solution that would be great. And just to be on the safe
    > side: I don't see it as solution to always go to Task manager and
    > kill the firefox process.

    My personal solution is to quit Firefox for a while and go to OPERA. It
    has less goodies than FF but the basic functions work rather fine and it
    is reasonably fast. I cannot use my FF3.01 any longer since javascript
    functions do not work. On top I still have the problem, which I consider
    minor, of incomplete shut down. Apparently no fix or hint is to be
    expected in a reasonable period of time.
    yamazakura, Aug 7, 2008
  18. On Aug 3, 7:10 pm, Jim S <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:03:43 +0200, yamazakura wrote:
    > > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo a écrit :

    > >> you're right, its not a solution, but its the only one.  This problem is
    > >> usually cause by a by addon/extension, or theme.  It can also be cause
    > >> by listen to audio or viewing vids.  It can also happen when websites
    > >> are using bad javascripts, java, or flash.  In otherwords, the devs of
    > >> FF can't figure it out.  They're aware of it, but can't solve it.  There
    > >> are basically two ways to fix this problem and neither of them are good
    > >> solutions.  The first is by the task manager.  The other is to delete
    > >> the file parent.lock [or .parentlock, or something similar], which is
    > >> kept in the FF profile.  When FF is running, then you will see that
    > >> file.  When FF is closed, then you shouldn't see it.  But, when you
    > >> close it and it hasn't shut down properly, then you'll still see it.

    > >> The major problem that the developers have is with people like me, I've
    > >> never had that happen. So, if a dev can reproduce it, then it becomes
    > >> even more harder to track down the problem.  They've been working for a
    > >> solution since the 1.5 days.

    > > I am using FF3.01 under XP SP2 and have the same problem. For now no
    > > other way out than killing the process in the task manager. I noticed
    > > that as long as firefox.exe is active you cannot delete the parent lock
    > > file (file in use) therefore it is not a solution either. Concurrently
    > > an other issue occurred in my Firefox : even though all necessary
    > > options are checked, javascript functions will not work. For instance
    > > pop up windows will not open (they are allowed though). I wonder if the
    > > two problems are linked or not, but I am considering to switch to IE at
    > > least temporarily until those issues are solved.

    > I am finding exactly the same, but without the parent lock. I find it
    > particularly annoying when an add-on updates and I am TOLD to restart, then
    > it doesn't.
    > --
    > Jim S
    >         Tyneside UK
    >      www.jimscott.co.uk

    yup, also have the problem of NOT being able to close ff3.0 EVEN in
    the task manager.
    that and the internet connection going wonky.
    and i don't remember having seen blue screen since win ME, 97 or
    summat
    this is some ballsup mista ballmer
    you vista guys can go hang
    steviewonders, Aug 8, 2008