    http://tinyurl.com/c8g96 (3DCommune)
    =====================
    Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

    TheCroW, Apr 12, 2006

  2. TheCroW

    BOB Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:37:11 +0200, "TheCroW" <>
    wrote:

    >Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed, it
    >stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
    >close it. This bug has been in many versions now.

    Do this
    Control-Alt-Delete
    This Find the Firefox.exe
    Select it
    Then click "end process"
    Then close the dialog box
    ALL DONE

    That's all you have to do.

    Takes like 2 seconds, sometimes less.

    Once you do this a few times you get really good at it and it becomes
    fast and you get good at it and it becomes second nature like cutting
    off a light switch or walking.

    Good luck.
    You're using the dutch version. I assume you're dutch....Is it true,
    the stories I read as a child about the people in the netherlands,
    about the little boy holding back the water in the dyke with his thumb
    all day? I remember that book, forgot the name of the book but the
    teacher read that story to us and we were all very interested in the
    story all day long. We all wondered what happened to that boy. We all
    talked about it all week. Some of us pretended to be the boy at
    recess.

    Anyway, good luck sir.
    God Speed

    BOB, Apr 12, 2006

  3. TheCroW

    gwtc Guest

    TheCroW wrote:

    > Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed, it
    > stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
    > close it. This bug has been in many versions now.

    Yes, its still a problem, and they still don't know how to solve it.

    One solution might be to click on File, Exit

    --
    Something to Ponder: Why is it that people say they "slept like a
    baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

    gwtc, Apr 12, 2006
  4. TheCroW

    gwtc Guest

    BOB wrote:

    > Good luck.
    > You're using the dutch version. I assume you're dutch....Is it true,
    > the stories I read as a child about the people in the netherlands,
    > about the little boy holding back the water in the dyke with his thumb
    > all day? I remember that book, forgot the name of the book but the
    > teacher read that story to us and we were all very interested in the
    > story all day long. We all wondered what happened to that boy. We all
    > talked about it all week. Some of us pretended to be the boy at
    > recess.

    what an insult to the Nederlanders. Dutch is an American term that
    came about when the Pennsylvania Dutch came over.

    gwtc, Apr 12, 2006
  5. TheCroW

    BOB Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:29:03 -0700, gwtc <37>
    wrote:

    >BOB wrote:
    >
    >> Good luck.
    >> You're using the dutch version. I assume you're dutch....Is it true,
    >> the stories I read as a child about the people in the netherlands,
    >> about the little boy holding back the water in the dyke with his thumb
    >> all day? I remember that book, forgot the name of the book but the
    >> teacher read that story to us and we were all very interested in the
    >> story all day long. We all wondered what happened to that boy. We all
    >> talked about it all week. Some of us pretended to be the boy at
    >> recess.

    >what an insult to the Nederlanders. Dutch is an American term that
    >came about when the Pennsylvania Dutch came over.

    I insulted him by referencing a book read to me as a child?
    Understanding that as a child I had NO CHOICE in being told the term
    "DUTCH"? It was not as if I decided one day, "I think I'll call those
    people DUTCH to offend them cause I am a racist pig and I hate those
    people so deeply".

    You sound like a person who never got any until they were well into
    their 20's

    BOB, Apr 12, 2006
  6. TheCroW

    BOB Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:24:20 -0700, gwtc <37>
    wrote:

    >TheCroW wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed, it
    >> stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
    >> close it. This bug has been in many versions now.
    >>

    >Yes, its still a problem, and they still don't know how to solve it.
    >
    >One solution might be to click on File, Exit

    And that's why you get the big bucks at work.

    BOB, Apr 12, 2006
  7. TheCroW

    mike555 Guest

    === you may have a bad theme, try starting in safe mode, if that
    works and shuts down ok, them try another theme............ or if you
    have the program "Firefox Preloader " installed , you'll need to shut
    it off ==========

    mike555, Apr 12, 2006
  8. TheCroW

    BOB Guest

    On 12 Apr 2006 12:11:13 -0700, "mike555" <> wrote:

    > === you may have a bad theme, try starting in safe mode, if that
    >works and shuts down ok, them try another theme............ or if you
    >have the program "Firefox Preloader " installed , you'll need to shut
    >it off ==========

    theme as in essays?

    where? under which tab/menu is that located?

    thancks?

    BOB, Apr 12, 2006
  9. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    > > Firefox (1.5.0.1, Dutch version) still has the problem that when closed,
    it
    > > stays active in the background. Have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and then there
    > > close it. This bug has been in many versions now.
    > >

    > Yes, its still a problem, and they still don't know how to solve it.
    >
    > One solution might be to click on File, Exit
    >
    > --

    Mmm, okay maybe that helps instead of just using the X ... will give it a
    try.

    Menno

    TheCroW, Apr 12, 2006
  10. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    > === you may have a bad theme, try starting in safe mode, if that
    > works and shuts down ok, them try another theme............ or if you
    > have the program "Firefox Preloader " installed , you'll need to shut

    I am using 1 theme only and that's GrayModern (v 0.7) ... but allready tried
    Safe Mode and so on, used no theme ... but no difference. And no Preloader
    or whatever used here.
    Thx anyway :)

    Menno

    TheCroW, Apr 12, 2006