Firefox starting page

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gertjan Heinen, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. When i startup Firefox, each new time it starts up with the mozilla
    homepage, i did change the go home button to another side, but firefox
    still is starting up with the mozilla home page.
    Can anybody tell me why i cannot change the startup page?

    thnks
    --
    Seahopke
     
    Gertjan Heinen, Jan 8, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Gertjan Heinen wrote:
    > When i startup Firefox, each new time it starts up with the mozilla
    > homepage, i did change the go home button to another side, but firefox
    > still is starting up with the mozilla home page.
    > Can anybody tell me why i cannot change the startup page?
    >
    > thnks


    Navigate to the page you wish to use as your start page.
    Tools>>Options>>General

    Under Home page, click Use Current Page.

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 8, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Gertjan Heinen wrote:
    >> When i startup Firefox, each new time it starts up with the mozilla
    >> homepage, i did change the go home button to another side, but firefox
    >> still is starting up with the mozilla home page.
    >> Can anybody tell me why i cannot change the startup page?
    >>
    >> thnks

    >
    > Navigate to the page you wish to use as your start page.
    > Tools>>Options>>General
    >
    > Under Home page, click Use Current Page.
    >
    > Lee

    thank you for your reaction but your answer was not the problem, it is just
    after i have done what you tell me to do, then at the new start up the
    brouwser has not remebered my choice.
    --
    Seahopke
     
    Gertjan Heinen, Jan 9, 2005
    #3
  4. Gertjan Heinen wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Gertjan Heinen wrote:
    >>
    >>>When i startup Firefox, each new time it starts up with the mozilla
    >>>homepage, i did change the go home button to another side, but firefox
    >>>still is starting up with the mozilla home page.
    >>>Can anybody tell me why i cannot change the startup page?
    >>>
    >>>thnks

    >>
    >>Navigate to the page you wish to use as your start page.
    >>Tools>>Options>>General
    >>
    >>Under Home page, click Use Current Page.
    >>
    >>Lee

    >
    > thank you for your reaction but your answer was not the problem, it is just
    > after i have done what you tell me to do, then at the new start up the
    > brouwser has not remebered my choice.


    Okay, in that case type about:config into your location bar. Search for
    the pref:

    browser.startup.homepage

    Set the value to the exact url you want to start in, including http://.


    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 10, 2005
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. wps
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,669
    mike555
    Nov 12, 2004
  2. Phil
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,169
    Wyatt M. Portendt
    Mar 4, 2004
  3. Luke Venediger
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    571
    Luke Venediger
    Apr 24, 2005
  4. Hijabi
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    732
    Headhuntar
    Sep 29, 2006
  5. Southern Kiwi
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    364
    Enkidu
    Oct 8, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page