    tia,
    -joe
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/
    joe, Mar 25, 2005

  2. joe wrote:
    > I didn't have this problem until I installed the "Favorites Converter." Now
    > Mozilla takes a couple of seconds to close whereas before it use to just
    > snap shut.
    >
    > I also have PCTools Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic anti-ad/spyware
    > installed and am running WinXP Pro.
    >
    > tia,
    > -joe
    > http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

    Try Tools>>Extensions, and disable Favorites Converter. This should
    confirm whether or not it is your problem.

    I can't comment much past that, since I haven't used the extension.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 26, 2005

  3. joe

    joe Guest

    "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > joe wrote:
    >> I didn't have this problem until I installed the "Favorites Converter."
    >> Now Mozilla takes a couple of seconds to close whereas before it use to
    >> just snap shut.
    >>
    >> I also have PCTools Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic anti-ad/spyware
    >> installed and am running WinXP Pro.
    >>
    >> tia,
    >> -joe
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

    > Try Tools>>Extensions, and disable Favorites Converter. This should
    > confirm whether or not it is your problem.
    >
    > I can't comment much past that, since I haven't used the extension.
    >
    > Lee

    Perfect.

    I don't know why the "Favorites Converter" would make MF take longer to
    close... is it stored in RAM?? but RAM is very fast, virtual HD? but then
    why?? Regardless, your suggestion worked and from now on I will always use
    the extension/add-on/utility and then uninstall it after I used it. This
    works just fine for me.

    thx again dude!
    joe, Mar 27, 2005
  4. joe

    ..brian.. Guest

    joe wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > joe wrote:
    > >> I didn't have this problem until I installed the "Favorites

    Converter."
    > >> Now Mozilla takes a couple of seconds to close whereas before it

    use to
    > >> just snap shut.
    > >>
    > >> I also have PCTools Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic

    anti-ad/spyware
    > >> installed and am running WinXP Pro.
    > >>
    > >> tia,
    > >> -joe
    > >> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

    > > Try Tools>>Extensions, and disable Favorites Converter. This

    should
    > > confirm whether or not it is your problem.
    > >
    > > I can't comment much past that, since I haven't used the extension.
    > >
    > > Lee

    > Perfect.
    >
    > I don't know why the "Favorites Converter" would make MF take longer

    > close... is it stored in RAM?? but RAM is very fast, virtual HD? but

    then
    > why?? Regardless, your suggestion worked and from now on I will

    always use
    > the extension/add-on/utility and then uninstall it after I used it.

    This
    > works just fine for me.
    >
    > thx again dude!

    Probably because the Favorites Converter extension exports your
    bookmarks to the favorites folder every time you close the last FX
    window -- so if it has a problem, then you'll notice the slow down. I
    would try unchecking the "Export favorites on closing the last browser
    window" box before totally disabling it.
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Mar 27, 2005
  5. joe

    Justin Guest

    joe wrote on [Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:57:39 GMT]:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> joe wrote:
    >>> I didn't have this problem until I installed the "Favorites Converter."
    >>> Now Mozilla takes a couple of seconds to close whereas before it use to
    >>> just snap shut.
    >>>
    >>> I also have PCTools Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic anti-ad/spyware
    >>> installed and am running WinXP Pro.
    >>>
    >>> tia,
    >>> -joe
    >>> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

    >> Try Tools>>Extensions, and disable Favorites Converter. This should
    >> confirm whether or not it is your problem.
    >>
    >> I can't comment much past that, since I haven't used the extension.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Perfect.
    >
    > I don't know why the "Favorites Converter" would make MF take longer to
    > close... is it stored in RAM?? but RAM is very fast, virtual HD? but then
    > why?? Regardless, your suggestion worked and from now on I will always use
    > the extension/add-on/utility and then uninstall it after I used it. This
    > works just fine for me.

    Doesn't the favoutites converter convert all your bookmarks to
    favourites on exit? I'd assume that that would be your slowdown.
    Justin, Mar 28, 2005
  6. joe

    joe Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > joe wrote on [Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:57:39 GMT]:
    >> "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try Tools>>Extensions, and disable Favorites Converter. This should
    >>> confirm whether or not it is your problem.
    >>>
    >>> I can't comment much past that, since I haven't used the extension.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Perfect.
    >>
    >> I don't know why the "Favorites Converter" would make MF take longer to
    >> close... is it stored in RAM?? but RAM is very fast, virtual HD? but then
    >> why?? Regardless, your suggestion worked and from now on I will always
    >> use
    >> the extension/add-on/utility and then uninstall it after I used it. This
    >> works just fine for me.

    > Doesn't the favoutites converter convert all your bookmarks to
    > favourites on exit? I'd assume that that would be your slowdown.

    I have used it. It seems to do it. I can't tell after using it a few times
    if it converts them all when you click on it. Regardless I uninstalled it
    and FF closes just as it use to.
    joe, Apr 2, 2005