    Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is already
    installed.

    Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find info.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 26, 2005

  2. news.xtra.co.nz

    Allistar Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But, sometimes
    > Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
    > already installed.
    >
    > Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
    > info.

    What OS?

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 26, 2005

  3. "Allistar" <> wrote in message news:...
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But,
    >> sometimes
    >> Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
    >> already installed.
    >>
    >> Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
    >> info.

    > What OS?
    >
    > Allistar.

    Sorry, windows xp pro.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 26, 2005
  4. "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    > Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But, sometimes
    > Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
    > already installed.
    >
    > Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
    > info.

    It took four attempts to get the plugin downloaded before firefox responded
    with "Shockwave successfully installed." It only happens with shockwave and
    with recent firefox revisions.

    Tony.
    The Black Wibble, Jul 26, 2005
  5. news.xtra.co.nz

    Pon Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:41:23 +1200, "The Black Wibble"
    <> wrote:

    >"news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> Firefox requested to install shockwave and I let it do so. But, sometimes
    >> Firefox repeats the shockwave installation request even though it is
    >> already installed.
    >>
    >> Does anyone else notice this? I googled it but could not readily find
    >> info.

    >It took four attempts to get the plugin downloaded before firefox responded
    >with "Shockwave successfully installed." It only happens with shockwave and
    >with recent firefox revisions.
    >
    >Tony.

    Not a problem with Dear Park Alpha 2
    Pon, Jul 27, 2005