    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/path_to_thunderbird/thunderbird")

    But that didn't seem to work.

    Are the options for the user.js file documented anywhere?

    Aldo Pignotti, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Aldo Pignotti

    Guest

    Aldo Pignotti wrote:
    > I see firefox has a "send link" button. How do I get it to work on a
    > Solaris 2.9 machine with CDE? I'm trying to use thunderbird but the
    > two products don't seem to be aware of each other. I found some

    notes
    > suggesting I could create a file user.js in my firefox defaults
    > directory with this entry:

    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/path_to_thunderbird/thunderbird")

    > But that didn't seem to work.
    >
    > Are the options for the user.js file documented anywhere?

    I tried your above suggestion, and it worked for me. However, I had to
    make sure that I exited firefox first, then modified **prefs.js**, and
    then restarted firefox. Otherwise, firefox will overwrite
    modifications to the prefs.js file.

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    Tim

    , Feb 1, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Aldo Pignotti wrote:
    >
    >>I see firefox has a "send link" button. How do I get it to work on a
    >>Solaris 2.9 machine with CDE? I'm trying to use thunderbird but the
    >>two products don't seem to be aware of each other. I found some

    > notes
    >
    >>suggesting I could create a file user.js in my firefox defaults
    >>directory with this entry:
    >>

    > user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/path_to_thunderbird/thunderbird")
    >
    >>But that didn't seem to work.
    >>
    >>Are the options for the user.js file documented anywhere?

    > I tried your above suggestion, and it worked for me. However, I had to
    > make sure that I exited firefox first, then modified **prefs.js**, and
    > then restarted firefox. Otherwise, firefox will overwrite
    > modifications to the prefs.js file.
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestion.
    >
    > Tim

    If you have put the pref in user.js, it will overide pref.js.

    The other option is about:config. Here you can edit prefs on the fly,
    in most cases.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 1, 2005