    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Old Gringo

    Rom Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 05:33:37 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:

    > I recently downloaded a package from my ISP (SBC Yahoo) The package
    > included SpyBlocker, Popup Blocker, Anti Virus, Parental Control, and
    > email protection. After the install FireFox lost its default search
    > capabilities and now reverts everything to Yahoo search. I have
    > since uninstaled the package from SBC Yahoo but FireFox will still
    > revert to the Yahoo search page when I type something in the address
    > bar. Prior to this when I typed something in the address bar other
    > than a url it would go to the most likely page. If I wanted a larger
    > selection I would do the norm and use either Google or Yahoo. Now is
    > there a way to restore the default search capabilities of FireFox?

    The plugins are located in the searchplugins folder of where Firefox
    is installed.

    You'll find info on preferences here:
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries>
    and how to add/edit:
    <http://mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/>

    Type "about:config" in the location bar.
    In the Filter box type "keyword and look at these:
    keyword.URL
    keyword.enabled

    In the Filter box type "browser.search" and look at these as well as
    the others:
    browser.search.defaultenginename
    browser.search.defaulturl

    I think the above are what you're after.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Rom wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 05:33:37 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:
    >

    >>I recently downloaded a package from my ISP (SBC Yahoo) The package
    >>included SpyBlocker, Popup Blocker, Anti Virus, Parental Control, and
    >>email protection. After the install FireFox lost its default search
    >>capabilities and now reverts everything to Yahoo search. I have
    >>since uninstaled the package from SBC Yahoo but FireFox will still
    >>revert to the Yahoo search page when I type something in the address
    >>bar. Prior to this when I typed something in the address bar other
    >>than a url it would go to the most likely page. If I wanted a larger
    >>selection I would do the norm and use either Google or Yahoo. Now is
    >>there a way to restore the default search capabilities of FireFox?

    > The plugins are located in the searchplugins folder of where Firefox
    > is installed.
    >
    > You'll find info on preferences here:
    > <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries>
    > and how to add/edit:
    > <http://mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/>
    >
    > Type "about:config" in the location bar.
    > In the Filter box type "keyword and look at these:
    > keyword.URL
    > keyword.enabled
    >
    > In the Filter box type "browser.search" and look at these as well as
    > the others:
    > browser.search.defaultenginename
    > browser.search.defaulturl
    >
    > I think the above are what you're after.

    Thank You so much for that information.

    Old Gringo, Jul 14, 2005