    Is it possible to integrate the search bar and the web address bar in
    Firefox so you can either type in a url or do a search using the same bar
    (the way it's set up in Mozilla)?
    djin, Oct 1, 2005

  2. djin

    Jedi Fans Guest

    djin wrote:
    > Is it possible to integrate the search bar and the web address bar in
    > Firefox so you can either type in a url or do a search using the same bar
    > (the way it's set up in Mozilla)?

    You can of course remove the search bar from Firefox by right clicking
    on a blank area of the menu bar and selecting customise [then dragging
    the search bar to the customisation box to remove it.

    IME, if you type an unrecognised term like "firefox 5 minute" into the
    Firefox address bar, it does a google "I'm Feeling Lucky" Search ;)

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox
    Jedi Fans, Oct 1, 2005

  3. djin

    djin Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 20:34:13 +0100, Jedi Fans wrote:

    > djin wrote:
    >> Is it possible to integrate the search bar and the web address bar in
    >> Firefox so you can either type in a url or do a search using the same
    >> bar (the way it's set up in Mozilla)?

    > You can of course remove the search bar from Firefox by right clicking on
    > a blank area of the menu bar and selecting customise [then dragging the
    > search bar to the customisation box to remove it.
    >
    > IME, if you type an unrecognised term like "firefox 5 minute" into the
    > Firefox address bar, it does a google "I'm Feeling Lucky" Search ;)

    Thanks. Will try it.
    djin, Oct 2, 2005
  4. djin

    Scott Nelson Guest

    I might be an idiot but I didn't know this. I have wanted to get rid of
    that for some time. Thank you!!!

    Jedi Fans wrote:

    > You can of course remove the search bar from Firefox by right clicking
    > on a blank area of the menu bar and selecting customise [then dragging
    > the search bar to the customisation box to remove it.
    >
    > IME, if you type an unrecognised term like "firefox 5 minute" into the
    > Firefox address bar, it does a google "I'm Feeling Lucky" Search ;)

    --
    Stop by and visit me on the Web...

    http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
    or