    Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?

    Thanks,
    Alan
    Alan Moorman, Jun 4, 2006

  2. Alan Moorman

    Joe G Guest

    happens to me also, I just thought it was a problem with pogo.com

    joe

    Joe G, Jun 4, 2006

  3. Alan Moorman

    Mark Lloyd Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 12:42:59 -0500, Alan Moorman <>
    wrote:

    >Today, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, I got an error message
    >which said it was running but was not responding.
    >
    >It said I would have to close it, or reboot.
    >
    >Can't find ANY evidence of it in order to close it, so I guess I'll
    >reboot.
    >
    >I just received an update for Firefox, yesterday, and it has been
    >behaving oddly ever since. Sometimes when I open it, it appears in a
    >tiny box in the upper left of my desktop, instead of full screen.

    I get that last one at times, for no apparent reason.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    Mark Lloyd, Jun 4, 2006
  4. Alan Moorman

    Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:10:41 -0500, Mark Lloyd
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 12:42:59 -0500, Alan Moorman <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Today, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, I got an error message
    >>which said it was running but was not responding.
    >>
    >>It said I would have to close it, or reboot.
    >>
    >>Can't find ANY evidence of it in order to close it, so I guess I'll
    >>reboot.
    >>
    >>I just received an update for Firefox, yesterday, and it has been
    >>behaving oddly ever since. Sometimes when I open it, it appears in a
    >>tiny box in the upper left of my desktop, instead of full screen.
    >>

    >I get that last one at times, for no apparent reason.
    >
    >>Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >> Alan

    Happens to me too. Easier than rebooting is to use the task manager to
    kill the invisible program...it should show up as a process running
    there.
    , Jun 4, 2006
  5. Alan Moorman

    Guest

    Today I got even worse:
    Firefox locked up, the program could not be terminated from the task
    manager, and 5 minutes after asking for a reboot firefox window was
    still hung. I had to shut the power off.

    jim

    On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:46:06 -0500, wrote:

    >On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:10:41 -0500, Mark Lloyd
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 12:42:59 -0500, Alan Moorman <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Today, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, I got an error message
    >>>which said it was running but was not responding.
    >>>
    >>>It said I would have to close it, or reboot.
    >>>
    >>>Can't find ANY evidence of it in order to close it, so I guess I'll
    >>>reboot.
    >>>
    >>>I just received an update for Firefox, yesterday, and it has been
    >>>behaving oddly ever since. Sometimes when I open it, it appears in a
    >>>tiny box in the upper left of my desktop, instead of full screen.
    >>>

    >>I get that last one at times, for no apparent reason.
    >>
    >>>Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>> Alan

    >Happens to me too. Easier than rebooting is to use the task manager to
    >kill the invisible program...it should show up as a process running
    >there.
    , Jun 6, 2006
  6. Alan Moorman

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    wrote:

    >Today, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, I got an error message
    >which said it was running but was not responding.
    >
    >It said I would have to close it, or reboot.
    >
    >Can't find ANY evidence of it in order to close it, so I guess I'll
    >reboot.
    >
    >I just received an update for Firefox, yesterday, and it has been
    >behaving oddly ever since. Sometimes when I open it, it appears in a
    >tiny box in the upper left of my desktop, instead of full screen.
    >
    >Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?
    >
    >Thanks,
    > Alan

    Download Faber Toys and/or "What's Running"...both are
    freeware, will show what's running and allow you to terminate what you
    desire.
    jimpgh2002, Jun 6, 2006
  7. Alan Moorman

    Alan Moorman Guest

    Yeah... that's where I ended up. I was able to reboot, though, and
    it has been OK, since!

    Go figure!

    Alan Moorman, Jun 7, 2006
  8. Alan Moorman

    Guest

    Alan Moorman wrote:
    > Today, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, I got an error message
    > which said it was running but was not responding.
    >
    > It said I would have to close it, or reboot.
    >
    > Can't find ANY evidence of it in order to close it, so I guess I'll
    > reboot.
    >
    > I just received an update for Firefox, yesterday, and it has been
    > behaving oddly ever since. Sometimes when I open it, it appears in a
    > tiny box in the upper left of my desktop, instead of full screen.
    >
    > Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alan

    It's a profile problem, if you profile has been permanently damaged,
    you will not be able to open firefox even if you reboot your machine or
    reinstall your firefox, you can either get a new profile or delete the
    old profile from your Application Data (I choose the later), then
    reinstall the firefox, the problem will go away.
    , Jun 11, 2006
  9. Alan Moorman

    Alan Moorman Guest

    On 11 Jun 2006 10:42:46 -0700, wrote:

    >Alan Moorman wrote:
    >> Today, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, I got an error message
    >> which said it was running but was not responding.
    >>
    >> It said I would have to close it, or reboot.
    >>
    >> Can't find ANY evidence of it in order to close it, so I guess I'll
    >> reboot.
    >>
    >> I just received an update for Firefox, yesterday, and it has been
    >> behaving oddly ever since. Sometimes when I open it, it appears in a
    >> tiny box in the upper left of my desktop, instead of full screen.
    >>
    >> Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Alan

    >It's a profile problem, if you profile has been permanently damaged,
    >you will not be able to open firefox even if you reboot your machine or
    >reinstall your firefox, you can either get a new profile or delete the
    >old profile from your Application Data (I choose the later), then
    >reinstall the firefox, the problem will go away.

    Rebooting fixed it.......

    Thanks,
    Alan
    Alan Moorman, Jun 22, 2006
  10. Alan Moorman

    Alan Moorman, Jun 22, 2006
  11. Alan Moorman

    Louis Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:12:20 -0500, Alan Moorman <>
    wrote:

    >On 11 Jun 2006 10:42:46 -0700, wrote:
    >

    >>Alan Moorman wrote:
    >>> Today, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, I got an error message
    >>> which said it was running but was not responding.
    >>>
    >>> It said I would have to close it, or reboot.
    >>>
    >>> Can't find ANY evidence of it in order to close it, so I guess I'll
    >>> reboot.
    >>>
    >>> I just received an update for Firefox, yesterday, and it has been
    >>> behaving oddly ever since. Sometimes when I open it, it appears in a
    >>> tiny box in the upper left of my desktop, instead of full screen.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Alan

    >>It's a profile problem, if you profile has been permanently damaged,
    >>you will not be able to open firefox even if you reboot your machine or
    >>reinstall your firefox, you can either get a new profile or delete the
    >>old profile from your Application Data (I choose the later), then
    >>reinstall the firefox, the problem will go away.

    >Rebooting fixed it.......
    >

    >Thanks,
    > Alan

    CTL+ALT+DEL to bring up task manager. Find Firefox and use end task.
    No need to reboot.

    Lewis

    Can You Hear Me Now ???
    Louis, Jun 25, 2006