    as if it were IE. Any ideas? I looked all over the options for this but
    didn't see it.

    Thanks!

    Brian, Dec 31, 2007

  2. Brian

    Spuds Guest

    http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/

    Spuds, Dec 31, 2007

  3. Brian

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it were IE?
    >
    >The only addons I've come across are ones which change the cosmetic look of
    >firefox to look like the IE browser. I want to use my firefox, but have it
    >report that it is IE, so websites see me as using internet explorer.
    >
    >I've found an addon which embeds IE within firefox, but that's not what I
    >want either. Just want the browser transmission info to be sent from firefox
    >as if it were IE. Any ideas? I looked all over the options for this but
    >didn't see it.

    User Agent Switcher plug in will do it. :)

    Evan

    Evan Platt, Dec 31, 2007
  4. Brian

    Chris Jahn Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in

    > Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it
    > were IE?

    yes, using the user-agent switcher. But it may cause problems
    with rendering, if the web page serves up coded designed
    specifically for IE. It can also cause internal errors with
    programs starting the wrong browser, or sending information to it
    incorrectly.

    --
    Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    Web page validation: http://validator.w3.org

    All things are possible, except skiing thru a revolving door.

    Chris Jahn, Jan 1, 2008
  5. Brian

    thanatoid Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in

    > Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it
    > were IE?
    >
    > The only addons I've come across are ones which change the
    > cosmetic look of firefox to look like the IE browser. I
    > want to use my firefox, but have it report that it is IE,
    > so websites see me as using internet explorer.
    >
    > I've found an addon which embeds IE within firefox, but
    > that's not what I want either. Just want the browser
    > transmission info to be sent from firefox as if it were IE.
    > Any ideas? I looked all over the options for this but
    > didn't see it.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Sorry to repeat myself, my faithful readers, but IMO Firefox is
    the 2nd most overrated program ever, after MS Office. Opera is a
    MUCH better browser and has had a choice of what it "appears as"
    for YEARS.

    --
    The only cure for stupidity is death.
    The only cure for brilliance is death.