    | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
    | Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
    | E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |

    Jim Thompson, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Jim Thompson wrote:
    > I'm relatively new to Firefox.

    I'm using it since, uhm, 5 days or so... :)

    > The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
    >
    > What else is recommended?

    I'm not much into extenstions, and I only downloaded what seemed useful
    (to me). Here's the list:

    Image-Show-Hide (great for slow dial-up connections; disables/enables
    images with a button)

    fireFTP (FTP client for Firefox)

    Image Toolbar (easy access to common image functions)

    Mozilla Archive Format (Save complete web pages in a single file)

    Copy Plain Text (copy/paste text without formatting)

    zoompersist (Fixes annoying websites with small fonts)

    vbrowseit (Browse any page with the Virtualbrowser)

    Not much, but all of them useful.

    Nikos Chantziaras, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Jim Thompson

    Simian Dyson Guest

    Tabbrowser Preferences and Tab Clicking Options are essential.

    Simian Dyson, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Jim Thompson

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth Jim Thompson <> in news::

    > I'm relatively new to Firefox.
    >
    > The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
    >
    > What else is recommended?

    AdBlock and Flashblock are essentials.

    BugMeNot is handy, as are ImageZoom and Allow Right-Click

    On a Windows PC, sometimes, you just gotta have IE View.

    If you have a big screen, OutSideBar is nice.

    Besides TabBrowser Preferences, have a look at TabMix Plus and Unread Tabs.

    I use PDF files a lot, so I recommend PDF Download.

    And then there's WayBack... often useful when tracking down information.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Jim Thompson

    Doug G Guest

    Jim Thompson wrote:
    > I'm relatively new to Firefox.
    >
    > The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
    >
    > What else is recommended?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > ...Jim Thompson

    Forecastfox
    Tab X
    Search Button
    Dictionary Search
    Disable Targets For Download
    MapFox
    Mozilla Archive Format
    Enhanced Bookmark Search
    Locate in Bookmark Folders
    Prefbar

    Doug G, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Jim Thompson

    Old Gringo Guest

    Jim Thompson wrote:
    > I'm relatively new to Firefox.
    >
    > The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
    >
    > What else is recommended?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > ...Jim Thompson

    My stables:
    Flashblock, Cute Menus, Tiny URL, Tweak Network, Translate Page,
    Translate Panel, Forecastfox, Dictionary Search 0.9.3. My limit to
    the available.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Aug 19, 2005
  7. Jim Thompson

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:55:03 -0700, in message
     <>, Jim Thompson wrote:

    > I'm relatively new to Firefox.
    > The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
    > What else is recommended?

    User Agent Switcher -- essential for sites that don't function
    properly unless Firefox pretends to
    be a different browser.

    Live HTTP Headers -- to shoe the HTTP request and response
    headers. Useful for debugging things like
    cacheing, incorrect character encoding, etc.

    Mozilla Archive Format -- for reading and writing MHTML files.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Aug 19, 2005
  8. Jim Thompson

    Rom Guest

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:55:03 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

    >I'm relatively new to Firefox.
    >
    >The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
    >
    >What else is recommended?

    Use as few as possible (after you've tried and/or know what you need).

    Tabbrowser Preferences
    PrefBar
    undoclosetab
    FLST (Focus Last Selected Tab)
    Diggler

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Aug 19, 2005
  9. Jim Thompson

    Peterg Guest

    In article <aricg1dn70ai5reja8162vb3ltv7cqhcai@ID-
    200159.user.individual.net>, lid wrote...
    > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:55:03 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
    >
    > >I'm relatively new to Firefox.
    > >
    > >The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
    > >
    > >What else is recommended?

    > Use as few as possible (after you've tried and/or know what you need).
    >
    > Tabbrowser Preferences
    > PrefBar
    > undoclosetab
    > FLST (Focus Last Selected Tab)
    > Diggler

    And three of your extensions, Tabbrowser Preferences, undoclosetab and
    FLST could all be replaced by Tabmix Plus, an extension of roughly the
    same size and far greater functionality beyond the sum of those 3
    extensions.

    http://tmp.gary.elixant.com/

    Peter

    Peterg, Aug 20, 2005