    IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
    problems. Any ideas?

    Geno
    Geno, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Geno

    gwtc Guest

    Geno wrote:
    > I am using the latest version of firefox, plus extra installed popup
    > blockers. I continually get those annoying popups coming through using IE.
    > IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
    > problems. Any ideas?
    >

    > Geno

    Check your system for spyware, adware, viruses, trojans, etc.
    gwtc, Feb 11, 2006

  3. On 2006-02-11, Geno <> wrote:

    > I am using the latest version of firefox, plus extra installed popup
    > blockers. I continually get those annoying popups coming through using IE.
    > IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
    > problems. Any ideas?

    IE is *ALWAYS* running in Windows. What probably happening is FireFox is
    executing a Javascript from some site you're visiting, and that Javascript
    explicitly launches an IE window to display the pop-up. Have you tried
    disabling Javascript? If that works, there is a "NoScript" extension for
    FireFox that allows you to configure script behavior on a site-by-site
    basis.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Feb 12, 2006
  4. Geno

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 12/02/06 02:05, John Thompson scribbled:
    > On 2006-02-11, Geno <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am using the latest version of firefox, plus extra installed popup
    >> blockers. I continually get those annoying popups coming through using IE.
    >> IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
    >> problems. Any ideas?

    > IE is *ALWAYS* running in Windows. What probably happening is FireFox is
    > executing a Javascript from some site you're visiting, and that Javascript
    > explicitly launches an IE window to display the pop-up. Have you tried
    > disabling Javascript? If that works, there is a "NoScript" extension for
    > FireFox that allows you to configure script behavior on a site-by-site
    > basis.

    Firefox cannot open an external program.

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC2,
    Jedi Fans, Feb 12, 2006
  5. Geno

    mike555 Guest

    mike555, Feb 12, 2006