    Sam Campbell III
    Professional Dilettante
    http://www.livejournal.com/~slyfoot/

    Slyfoot, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Slyfoot

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't thinks it's possible, but take a look here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs

    BACK UP YOUR PREFS FILE!

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:46:09 GMT, in
    <>
    Slyfoot scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Slyfoot

    Slyfoot Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:23:30 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >I don't thinks it's possible, but take a look here:
    >http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs
    >
    >BACK UP YOUR PREFS FILE!

    Ah, okay. I'm a little aggravated with Firefox's Bookmark menu
    already. Submenus on the Bookmark menu sometimes cascade to the LEFT
    instead of the RIGHT, even if the menu items in the submenu are not
    large enough to warrant being flipped to the left instead of the
    right. It's bugging me to no end. And I'm not going to change my
    screen resolution just to use Mozilla when I can use IE without this
    hassle.

    Thanks for your input though.

    ~Sly

    Slyfoot, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Slyfoot

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:32:40 GMT, in
    <>
    Slyfoot scrawled:

    >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:23:30 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I don't thinks it's possible, but take a look here:
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs
    >>
    >>BACK UP YOUR PREFS FILE!

    >Ah, okay. I'm a little aggravated with Firefox's Bookmark menu
    >already. Submenus on the Bookmark menu sometimes cascade to the LEFT
    >instead of the RIGHT, even if the menu items in the submenu are not
    >large enough to warrant being flipped to the left instead of the
    >right. It's bugging me to no end. And I'm not going to change my
    >screen resolution just to use Mozilla when I can use IE without this
    >hassle.

    The bookmarks in Mozilla are *one* of the reasons I won't use
    it in preference to I.E.

    >Thanks for your input though.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Slyfoot

    Slyfoot Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:07:36 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    [snip]

    >The bookmarks in Mozilla are *one* of the reasons I won't use
    >it in preference to I.E.

    I think I've figured out the logic behind Firefox's Bookmark menus.
    Apparently what is causing some to pop up on the left instead of on
    the right is the actual number of items in the submenu and not the
    length of the Bookmark name. But what's REALLY aggravating is that in
    order to get them all to cascade to the right instead of the left,
    each successive folder must contain fewer and fewer items. It's one
    of the stupidest menu schemes I've ever seen. And I've heard so much
    yipping and yapping about how great Mozilla is compared to IE!!!!

    So far, I'm not impressed....

    Slyfoot, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Slyfoot

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:34:57 GMT, in
    <>
    Slyfoot scrawled:

    >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:07:36 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >>The bookmarks in Mozilla are *one* of the reasons I won't use
    >>it in preference to I.E.

    >I think I've figured out the logic behind Firefox's Bookmark menus.
    >Apparently what is causing some to pop up on the left instead of on
    >the right is the actual number of items in the submenu and not the
    >length of the Bookmark name. But what's REALLY aggravating is that in
    >order to get them all to cascade to the right instead of the left,
    >each successive folder must contain fewer and fewer items. It's one
    >of the stupidest menu schemes I've ever seen. And I've heard so much
    >yipping and yapping about how great Mozilla is compared to IE!!!!
    >
    >So far, I'm not impressed....

    The only thing I find better in Mozilla is that web pages
    seem to load a tad faster (dialup) since the last few IE
    updates, but otherwise, Mozilla is much more sluggish
    (especially loadup times), and the interface is just clunky
    and, I think, amateurish.

    I agree, I'm not impressed...yet.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 16, 2004
  7. Slyfoot

    madmax Guest

    Slyfoot wrote:

    > To Mozilla Firefox users:
    >
    > How do you remove "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder" from the Bookmarks menu
    > altogether? My menu font size is fairly large and having "Bookmarks
    > Toolbar Folder" on the list goofs up my submenus.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > ~Sly

    Are you using .8 or.9? You can turn it on and off in .9
    -max

    --
    Programs that I use and recommend (all are free)
    Many thanks to all the people who make these fine products!
    Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Sygate Personal Firewall
    http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
    Avast! For Home
    Eraser 5.3
    http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
    CwShredder
    HijackThis
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    Thunderbird
    Firefox

    This message is virus free as far I can tell
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply
    Use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

    madmax, Jun 16, 2004
  8. Slyfoot

    Al Guest

    Whadda expect when you use something that's beta?

    Al, Jun 16, 2004
  9. Slyfoot

    Slyfoot Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:09:15 GMT, madmax <>
    wrote:

    >Are you using .8 or.9? You can turn it on and off in .9
    >-max

    I'm using .9 Actually though, I figured out how to rename it by
    clicking on Properties. But the real problem has to do with menu
    items cascading to the left even when there is plenty of room for them
    to cascade to the right. It seems to have more to do with the number
    of bookmarks than with the length of bookmark names.

    Slyfoot, Jun 16, 2004