    delete keys will work respectively as page down and page up, like in
    other browsers?
    , Oct 13, 2005

  2. Old Gringo Guest

    On 13 Oct 2005 06:22:29 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News Group,
    Without Any Hesitation Wrote The Following:

    > I just got firefox, and I have a question. Where can I download an
    > Adobe plugin so that I can read Acrobat files within the browser? (I
    > have Mac OS 10.4.2.) Also, is there a setting so that the space and
    > delete keys will work respectively as page down and page up, like in
    > other browsers?

    Plugins can be found here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html
    left hand side of page about 1/3 down.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Old Gringo, Oct 13, 2005

  3. Guest

    I already downloaded all of that. However, when I click on a .pdf file,
    it asks me if I want to save it to the disk. I want it to open the .pdf
    within the Firefox window instead of downloading it.

  4. Old Gringo Guest

    On 13 Oct 2005 07:17:11 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News Group,
    Without Any Hesitation Wrote The Following:

    > I already downloaded all of that. However, when I click on a .pdf file,
    > it asks me if I want to save it to the disk. I want it to open the .pdf
    > within the Firefox window instead of downloading it.
    >
    >> Plugins can be found here:
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html
    >> left hand side of page about 1/3 down.
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    >> Freedom For The World 10/13/05 9:01:42 AM
    >> http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Not familiar with Mac at all. When you are given the option to save,
    is there anything else to choose from, like open with? If not and
    you say no, what happens.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 10/13/05 9:39:57 AM
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com
    Old Gringo, Oct 13, 2005
  5. Old Gringo wrote:
    > On 13 Oct 2005 07:17:11 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News Group,
    > Without Any Hesitation Wrote The Following:
    >
    >> I already downloaded all of that. However, when I click on a .pdf file,
    >> it asks me if I want to save it to the disk. I want it to open the .pdf
    >> within the Firefox window instead of downloading it.
    >>
    >>> Plugins can be found here:
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html
    >>> left hand side of page about 1/3 down.
    >>> --
    >>> Old Gringo
    >>> The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    >>> Freedom For The World 10/13/05 9:01:42 AM
    >>> http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    > Not familiar with Mac at all. When you are given the option to save,
    > is there anything else to choose from, like open with? If not and
    > you say no, what happens.

    There is an Acrobat Reader version for the Mac, as I recall, that
    behaves much like the pc version in opening pdf's within the browser.
    Check out the Adobe site for it.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 13, 2005
  6. Guest

    > Not familiar with Mac at all. When you are given the option to save,
    > is there anything else to choose from, like open with? If not and
    > you say no, what happens.

    If I say no, nothing happens. And I've downloaded the reader, which
    does have an open in browswer option, but it's still not working
    , Oct 13, 2005
  7. Moz Champion Guest

    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/OSX.html#PDF
    Moz Champion, Oct 13, 2005
  8. Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:
    >>Not familiar with Mac at all. When you are given the option to save,
    >>is there anything else to choose from, like open with? If not and
    >>you say no, what happens.

    > If I say no, nothing happens. And I've downloaded the reader, which
    > does have an open in browswer option, but it's still not working

    Get the PDF browser plug in
    Moz Champion, Oct 13, 2005
  9. Guest

    Thanks. now it works. I just have one more question: How do I set
    Firefox as my default browser?

    > Get the PDF browser plug in
    , Oct 13, 2005
  10. wrote:
    > Thanks. now it works. I just have one more question: How do I set
    > Firefox as my default browser?
    >
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Get the PDF browser plug in

    You have to open Safari. In Safari:

    Safari>>Preferences>>General

    You should see it there.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2005
  11. Moz Champion Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks. now it works. I just have one more question: How do I set
    >> Firefox as my default browser?
    >>
    >> Moz Champion wrote:
    >>
    >>> Get the PDF browser plug in

    > You have to open Safari. In Safari:
    >
    > Safari>>Preferences>>General
    >
    > You should see it there.
    >
    > Lee

    In 10.2 or earlier you can use the Internet Control Panel
    In later versions you use either Safari (web browser) or Apple Mail
    (email) to set the defaults.
    Moz Champion, Oct 14, 2005
  12. On 2005-10-13, <> wrote:
    > I already downloaded all of that. However, when I click on a .pdf file,
    > it asks me if I want to save it to the disk. I want it to open the .pdf
    > within the Firefox window instead of downloading it.

    Check your plugins directory to see if the pdf plugin is in there. On
    linux, it's called "nppdf.so" and might be something similar on MacOS.

    If it's not in the plugins dirctory, copy or sym-link it into the plugins
    directory from the Acrobat Reader installation directory (in linux
    /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so)

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Oct 14, 2005
  13. Moz Champion wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks. now it works. I just have one more question: How do I set
    >>> Firefox as my default browser?

    >> You have to open Safari. In Safari:
    >>
    >> Safari>>Preferences>>General
    >>
    >> You should see it there.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > In 10.2 or earlier you can use the Internet Control Panel
    > In later versions you use either Safari (web browser) or Apple Mail
    > (email) to set the defaults.

    I'm glad you're around, Dan!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2005
  14. Moz Champion Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2005-10-13, <> wrote:
    >
    >>I already downloaded all of that. However, when I click on a .pdf file,
    >>it asks me if I want to save it to the disk. I want it to open the .pdf
    >>within the Firefox window instead of downloading it.

    > Check your plugins directory to see if the pdf plugin is in there. On
    > linux, it's called "nppdf.so" and might be something similar on MacOS.
    >
    > If it's not in the plugins dirctory, copy or sym-link it into the plugins
    > directory from the Acrobat Reader installation directory (in linux
    > /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so)

    Plugins are much simplier on the Mac <g>
    You open the Internet Plug-ins folder and take a look, the file is
    called PDFViewer
    (Mac HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins)

    To see if its enabled on Firefox, use Firefox's
    [Firefox-->Preferences]*-->Downloads
    and press the <Plugins> button

    *varies by OS
    Windows