    to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.

    I reckon it has only started happening recently.

    Any help!!!

    RK, Jun 20, 2006

  2. RK

    gwtc Guest

    RK wrote:
    > I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
    > result!
    >
    > Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
    > to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
    >
    > I reckon it has only started happening recently.
    >
    > Any help!!!

    does this happen on all sites or just one?

    Are you using IE7? If so, then that might be the problem.

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #4: Stand silent and motionless
    in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.

    gwtc, Jun 20, 2006

  3. RK

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 20, 2006
  4. RK

    Animesh K Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > RK wrote:
    >> I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
    >> result!
    >>
    >> Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
    >> to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
    >>
    >> I reckon it has only started happening recently.
    >>
    >> Any help!!!

    > does this happen on all sites or just one?
    >
    > Are you using IE7? If so, then that might be the problem.

    I use IE7 with firefox, thunderbird, mozilla, and opera .. all :); I haven't
    had any conflict, so far.

    I think the OP *may be* suffering from the Yahoo messenger and Yahoo mail
    initiated shutdown of firefox.

    Best,

    Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006
  5. RK

    Animesh K Guest

    Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006
  6. RK

    grandadjohn Guest

    Currently I use IE6.

    My problems seem to happen when I go into Yahoo to access e-mail that
    I don't want to come through to Thunderbird.

    It is still happening. I suspected it might be be a built in
    incompatibility with FF.

    Obviously a report goes through to Mozilla automatically everytime it
    happens. I am forced to use IE6 every time now when accessing Yahoo
    mail.

    grandadjohn, Jun 27, 2006
  7. RK

    grandadjohn, Jun 27, 2006
  8. RK

    grandadjohn Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:20:54 +0100, RK <> wrote:

    >I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
    >result!
    >
    >Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
    >to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
    >
    >I reckon it has only started happening recently.
    >
    >Any help!!!

    I have installed IE7 hoping that Firefox shutting down would stop. But
    still when Yahoo mail is engoed, it does the same thing.

    grandadjohn, Jun 27, 2006
  9. RK

    grandadjohn, Jun 27, 2006
  10. RK

    gwtc Guest

    grandadjohn wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:20:54 +0100, RK <> wrote:
    >

    >>I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
    >>result!
    >>
    >>Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
    >>to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
    >>
    >>I reckon it has only started happening recently.
    >>
    >>Any help!!!

    > I have installed IE7 hoping that Firefox shutting down would stop. But
    > still when Yahoo mail is engoed, it does the same thing.

    if its also doing it to IE7, then its definitely not a FF issue, but
    rather a windows or connection issue. Try scanning with your
    anti-virus checher, spyware checkers, and adware checkers.

    --
    Murphy's Laws of Computing: The first place to look for information is
    in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.

    gwtc, Jun 27, 2006
  11. RK

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 27, 2006
  12. RK

    sf Guest

    Not trying to rule out the very real possibilities that gwtc & Animesh
    mentioned, but you didn't say if you have the IE Tab extension
    installed in FF. If you do, did you add Yahoo to your IE Tab list?
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````

    sf, Jun 27, 2006
  13. RK

    sf, Jun 27, 2006
  14. RK

    Chalky Guest

    grandadjohn <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:20:54 +0100, RK <> wrote:
    >
    >>I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
    >>result!
    >>
    >>Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
    >>to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
    >>
    >>I reckon it has only started happening recently.
    >>
    >>Any help!!!

    > I have installed IE7 hoping that Firefox shutting down would stop. But
    > still when Yahoo mail is engoed, it does the same thing.

    It is nothing to do with FF because I carry out the same operation with
    no problem.

    --
    ___,

    / \ Chalky