    program freezes and I have to use task manager to end it. How can I find
    out what's going on?

    Charlie
    Charlie, Mar 21, 2008

  2. Charlie wrote:
    > Hi all....... I took the time to update about 4 of my extensions and now
    > I have a problem. None of my extensions show up on the browser
    > interface. When I go to tools addons and atempt to make changes the
    > program freezes and I have to use task manager to end it. How can I find
    > out what's going on?
    >
    > Charlie

    Start Firefox in Safe Mode from the Start menu. This will disable all
    the extensions. If FF starts in Safe Mode, go into the Addons Manager
    and disable all extensions, so that when FF restarts in normal mode they
    are not working.

    If FF behaves normally under these circumstances, reenable your
    extensions one by one, and test, until you find which one is causing the
    problem.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 21, 2008

  3. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Charlie wrote:
    >> Hi all....... I took the time to update about 4 of my extensions and
    >> now I have a problem. None of my extensions show up on the browser
    >> interface. When I go to tools addons and atempt to make changes the
    >> program freezes and I have to use task manager to end it. How can I
    >> find out what's going on?
    >>
    >> Charlie

    > Start Firefox in Safe Mode from the Start menu. This will disable all
    > the extensions. If FF starts in Safe Mode, go into the Addons Manager
    > and disable all extensions, so that when FF restarts in normal mode they
    > are not working.
    >
    > If FF behaves normally under these circumstances, reenable your
    > extensions one by one, and test, until you find which one is causing the
    > problem.
    >
    > Lee

    Ok .... I did what you suggested Lee but it didn't solve the problem.
    Firefox is running fine just none of the extensions are working. If I go
    to tools, addons and then click on any button such as disable, options,
    uninstall the program freezes and I need task manager to get out. This
    happens no matter which extension I try to work with.

    Charlie
    Charlie, Mar 21, 2008
  4. Charlie wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Charlie wrote:
    >>> Hi all....... I took the time to update about 4 of my extensions and
    >>> now I have a problem. None of my extensions show up on the browser
    >>> interface. When I go to tools addons and atempt to make changes the
    >>> program freezes and I have to use task manager to end it. How can I
    >>> find out what's going on?
    >>>
    >>> Charlie

    >> Start Firefox in Safe Mode from the Start menu. This will disable all
    >> the extensions. If FF starts in Safe Mode, go into the Addons Manager
    >> and disable all extensions, so that when FF restarts in normal mode
    >> they are not working.
    >>
    >> If FF behaves normally under these circumstances, reenable your
    >> extensions one by one, and test, until you find which one is causing
    >> the problem.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Ok .... I did what you suggested Lee but it didn't solve the problem.
    > Firefox is running fine just none of the extensions are working. If I go
    > to tools, addons and then click on any button such as disable, options,
    > uninstall the program freezes and I need task manager to get out. This
    > happens no matter which extension I try to work with.
    >
    > Charlie

    Do you get the same program crash in Safe Mode, when using the Addons
    Manager?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 22, 2008
  5. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > Charlie wrote:

    >>> Start Firefox in Safe Mode from the Start menu. This will disable
    >>> all the extensions. If FF starts in Safe Mode, go into the Addons
    >>> Manager and disable all extensions, so that when FF restarts in
    >>> normal mode they are not working.
    >>>
    >>> If FF behaves normally under these circumstances, reenable your
    >>> extensions one by one, and test, until you find which one is causing
    >>> the problem.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Ok .... I did what you suggested Lee but it didn't solve the problem.
    >> Firefox is running fine just none of the extensions are working. If I
    >> go to tools, addons and then click on any button such as disable,
    >> options, uninstall the program freezes and I need task manager to get
    >> out. This happens no matter which extension I try to work with.
    >>
    >> Charlie
    >>

    > Do you get the same program crash in Safe Mode, when using the Addons
    > Manager?
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks for your help Lee. When I started firefox this morning all the
    problems had disappeared, go figure. Note that I did not reboot the
    computer.

    Charlie
    Charlie, Mar 22, 2008
  6. Charlie wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote in
    >
    >> Charlie wrote:

    >>> Ok .... I did what you suggested Lee but it didn't solve the problem.
    >>> Firefox is running fine just none of the extensions are working. If I
    >>> go to tools, addons and then click on any button such as disable,
    >>> options, uninstall the program freezes and I need task manager to get
    >>> out. This happens no matter which extension I try to work with.
    >>>
    >>> Charlie
    >>>

    >> Do you get the same program crash in Safe Mode, when using the Addons
    >> Manager?
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Thanks for your help Lee. When I started firefox this morning all the
    > problems had disappeared, go figure. Note that I did not reboot the
    > computer.
    >
    > Charlie

    Well, that's good news!

    Should the problem recur, the next troubleshooting stepo is to create a
    new profile for test purposes. Hoefully you not need to.

    Happy Easter!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 23, 2008