    pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    have a workaround?

    Keith
    Keith Lee, Sep 20, 2007

  2. Keith Lee

    Old Enough Guest

    On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:48:43 -0500, Keith Lee
    <> wrote:

    >All:
    > I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    >pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    >have a workaround?
    >
    >Keith

    Hi Keith:

    I have used the various versions of Firefox as they came out
    (currently v. 2.0.0.7) and have had no problems with eBay (which I use
    frequently).
    Not an answer to your problem, but perhaps a bit of info which will
    help you narrow down where the problem could be.
    _________________________________
    Old Enough
    to know I don't know a thing ....
    Old Enough, Sep 20, 2007

  3. Keith Lee

    Bit Twister Guest

    On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:48:43 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:
    > I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    > pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    > have a workaround?

    There is a Mandriva 2.0.0.6 main update rpm,
    if you do not want to get the 2.0.0.7 Mozilla.com version.

    I would have guessed there a few more complaints in the news groups if
    it were a Firefox problem. Guessing it is something else.

    Tried both sites and do work with 2.0.0.7 :)
    Bit Twister, Sep 20, 2007
  4. Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:
    > I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    > pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    > have a workaround?
    >
    > Keith

    try emptying the cache and the cookies: Tools, Options,
    Privacy, Settings button, and check the two. Then go back
    and click on the Clear Now button. Do things work now?

    As others have said, ebay and yahoo do work, even with the
    new version of 2.0.0.7

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 20, 2007
  5. Keith Lee

    Crush Evil Guest

    On Sep 20, 4:48 am, Keith Lee <> wrote:
    > All:
    > I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    > pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    > have a workaround?
    >
    > Keith

    Please list all your extensions.
    Crush Evil, Sep 25, 2007
  6. Keith Lee

    Bit Twister Guest

    On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:48:43 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:
    > I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    > pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    > have a workaround?

    Based on the inordant abount of information, provided,
    upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.6 if not Firefox 2.0.0.7 and get lastest
    plugins/extensions.
    Bit Twister, Sep 25, 2007
  7. Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:48:43 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:
    >> All:
    >> I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    >> pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    >> have a workaround?

    > Based on the inordant abount of information, provided,
    > upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.6 if not Firefox 2.0.0.7 and get lastest
    > plugins/extensions.

    "based on the inordant[ely] information provided" in that
    last post, upgrading will not solve the OPs problem. If
    he's got the problem in 2.0.0.3, then he's going to have the
    same problem whether he upgrades to 2.0.0.6 or 2.0.0.7, or not.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 25, 2007
  8. Keith Lee

    Fast Eddie Guest

    "Bit Twister" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:48:43 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:
    >> All:
    >> I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    >> pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    >> have a workaround?

    > Based on the inordant abount of information, provided,
    > upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.6 if not Firefox 2.0.0.7 and get lastest
    > plugins/extensions.

    I've been having that problem on eBay too and I have upgraded to 2.0.07 and
    I have the latest extensions too. FWIW it looks as though the problem
    probably lies with the sites and not the browser. I too would be interested
    in a workaround, if there is one.

    Fast Eddie, Sep 25, 2007
  9. Fast Eddie wrote:
    > "Bit Twister" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:48:43 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:
    >>> All:
    >>> I have been having problems attempting to get to the eBay and Yahoo main
    >>> pages. It seems that Firefox 2.0.0.3 keeps having css problems? Anyone
    >>> have a workaround?

    >> Based on the inordant abount of information, provided,
    >> upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.6 if not Firefox 2.0.0.7 and get lastest
    >> plugins/extensions.

    > I've been having that problem on eBay too and I have upgraded to 2.0.07 and
    > I have the latest extensions too. FWIW it looks as though the problem
    > probably lies with the sites and not the browser. I too would be interested
    > in a workaround, if there is one.

    Have you started FF in safe mode? If not, then close
    Firefox. Then click on the windows start button, then run,
    and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    this will start FF in safe mode which disables all
    extensions and themes. Does the problem continue? If not,
    then the problem is either a theme or extension. Click on
    Tool, Addons and disable them. Restart FF. Does the
    problem continue at this point? If not, then enable each one
    one-by-one and restarting each time, until you find the
    problem one.

    If the problem does continue, then close FF, and click on
    the windows start button, then run and enter:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a test
    profile. Does the problem continue in that new profile?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 25, 2007
  10. Keith Lee

    Fast Eddie Guest

    "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    wrote in message news:fdbqft$f04$...
    > Fast Eddie wrote:
    >> "Bit Twister" <> wrote in message
    >>> Based on the inordant abount of information, provided,
    >>> upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.6 if not Firefox 2.0.0.7 and get lastest
    >>> plugins/extensions.

    >> I've been having that problem on eBay too and I have upgraded to 2.0.07
    >> and I have the latest extensions too. FWIW it looks as though the problem
    >> probably lies with the sites and not the browser. I too would be
    >> interested in a workaround, if there is one.

    > Have you started FF in safe mode? If not, then close Firefox. Then click
    > on the windows start button, then run, and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >
    > this will start FF in safe mode which disables all extensions and themes.
    > Does the problem continue? If not, then the problem is either a theme or
    > extension. Click on Tool, Addons and disable them. Restart FF. Does the
    > problem continue at this point? If not, then enable each one one-by-one
    > and restarting each time, until you find the problem one.
    >
    > If the problem does continue, then close FF, and click on the windows
    > start button, then run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -p
    >
    > this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a test profile. Does
    > the problem continue in that new profile?
    >

    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    > click on the Reply button, not the Reply All or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    > http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Thanks for your help but the fault persists in the sites when I use Firefox.
    Safe mode made no difference except those you would expect but the site was
    still "misaligned". The same result happened with the test profile. I can
    open these same sites in IE7 without the problem occuring.

    Fast Eddie, Sep 26, 2007