    I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm
    viewing http://www.hi5.com and the box pops up to save or open a .do file
    How do I stop this from coming up?

    Franklin, Jul 15, 2006

  2. Franklin wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm
    > viewing http://www.hi5.com and the box pops up to save or open a .do file
    > How do I stop this from coming up?

    Not a Firefox problem. Disable JavaScript and it won't happen. What you
    are seeing is a JavaScript call to:
    http://www.hi5.com/friend/displayHomePage.do
    which appears to be the main page. No idea why the author uses the
    extension ".do" rather than something standard such as ".html" <shrug>

    It worked fine for me with Firefox 1.5.0.4 and with Opera 9, both with
    JavaScript off. It also wants to plant a mess of cookies. Heh, it is a
    poorly-coded site.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 15, 2006

  3. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    > Franklin wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm
    >> viewing http://www.hi5.com and the box pops up to save or open a .do file
    >> How do I stop this from coming up?

    > Not a Firefox problem. Disable JavaScript and it won't happen. What you
    > are seeing is a JavaScript call to:
    > http://www.hi5.com/friend/displayHomePage.do
    > which appears to be the main page. No idea why the author uses the
    > extension ".do" rather than something standard such as ".html" <shrug>
    >
    > It worked fine for me with Firefox 1.5.0.4 and with Opera 9, both with
    > JavaScript off. It also wants to plant a mess of cookies. Heh, it is a
    > poorly-coded site.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Thanks, I'm going run it awhile and if it pops up.

    Franklin, Jul 15, 2006
  4. Franklin

    Plato Guest

    Franklin wrote:

    > I have tried firefox 1.5, beta1 and minefield 3.0 and it all does it. I'm

    Contact the Author of the program you are testing out for free for BETA
    solutions.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 19, 2006