    :: line 99" data: no]

    cheers,

    David H
    David Harrison, Apr 20, 2005

  2. On 4/20/2005 6:42 PM, David Harrison said:
    > Just now I ran Firefox's extension update. It encountered an error
    > partway through. Now I can't get it to show the 'Tools->Extensions'
    > dialog box.
    >
    > Do these errors from the javascript console help indicate the problem,
    > please?
    >
    > Could not install theme because chrome:name arc in the theme's
    > contents.rdf file (Whitehart) does not match the em:internalName arc in
    > the theme's install.rdf file (Saferfox_Xpanded)
    >
    > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Illegal operation on
    > WrappedNative prototype object" nsresult: "0x8057000c
    > (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_OP_ON_WN_PROTO)" location: "JS frame ::
    > chrome://saveseltext/content/saveseltext.js :: saveseltext_getSelection
    > :: line 99" data: no]
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    Here's another error that may help

    Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
    code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]"
    nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
    chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml :: destroy :: line 569"
    data: no]

    David H
    David Harrison, Apr 20, 2005

  3. David Harrison

    Nick Thomas Guest

    David Harrison wrote:
    > Just now I ran Firefox's extension update. It encountered an error
    > partway through. Now I can't get it to show the 'Tools->Extensions'
    > dialog box.
    >
    > Do these errors from the javascript console help indicate the problem,
    > please?
    >
    > Could not install theme because chrome:name arc in the theme's
    > contents.rdf file (Whitehart) does not match the em:internalName arc in
    > the theme's install.rdf file (Saferfox_Xpanded)
    >
    > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Illegal operation on
    > WrappedNative prototype object" nsresult: "0x8057000c
    > (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_OP_ON_WN_PROTO)" location: "JS frame ::
    > chrome://saveseltext/content/saveseltext.js :: saveseltext_getSelection
    > :: line 99" data: no]
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    If you are using 1.0.3 the last error is due to an extension that needs
    to be updated to cope with the security fixes in that release. If you
    start Firefox in Safemode (using the entry in the Start Menu or "firefox
    -safe-mode" on the command line for *nix) then you should be able to
    disable the save selected text extension (or whatever is called).
    Hopefully that fixes your Extension Manager when not in safemode.
    Nick Thomas, Apr 21, 2005
  4. On 4/21/2005 10:47 AM, Nick Thomas said:

    > If you are using 1.0.3 the last error is due to an extension that needs
    > to be updated to cope with the security fixes in that release. If you
    > start Firefox in Safemode (using the entry in the Start Menu or "firefox
    > -safe-mode" on the command line for *nix) then you should be able to
    > disable the save selected text extension (or whatever is called).
    > Hopefully that fixes your Extension Manager when not in safemode.

    Thanks for the advice, which I'll use next time something goes clunk.
    Actually it grew worse last night, until the context menu stopped
    working too -- I could select options but they wouldn't be executed!

    In the end it was easier to back up the profile and create a new
    'default', copying in bookmarks.html, userChrome.css, etc. It only takes
    a few minutes to reinstall extensions...

    cheers,

    David
    David Harrison, Apr 21, 2005
  5. David Harrison

    The One Guest

    "David Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > Just now I ran Firefox's extension update. It encountered an error
    > partway through. Now I can't get it to show the 'Tools->Extensions'
    > dialog box.
    >
    > Do these errors from the javascript console help indicate the problem,
    > please?
    >
    > Could not install theme because chrome:name arc in the theme's
    > contents.rdf file (Whitehart) does not match the em:internalName arc in
    > the theme's install.rdf file (Saferfox_Xpanded)
    >
    > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Illegal operation on
    > WrappedNative prototype object" nsresult: "0x8057000c
    > (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_OP_ON_WN_PROTO)" location: "JS frame ::
    > chrome://saveseltext/content/saveseltext.js :: saveseltext_getSelection
    > :: line 99" data: no]
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    Another problem......... 20 million users cant be wrong!
    The One, Apr 21, 2005
  6. David Harrison

    Barney Guest

    "The One" <> had
    writtennews:42682223$:

    > Another problem......... 20 million users cant be wrong!

    Do you realize this NG is not discussing MS problems. I would think the
    reason you post on this one, is inorder to not be run over by the
    heavier traffic on those NGs. It's so much easier to pick on the little
    guy.

    --
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!
    Barney, Apr 24, 2005