    I'd like to be able to modify their size.
    Is there any way to do that? Anyone know of any open-source/free software
    that'll do what I want?
    afm, Nov 3, 2007

  2. afm

    Stacis Guest

    afm wrote:
    > I love Firefox, don't get me wrong.
    > My query/criticism is a pretty minor one.
    > I've got my Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar, and Google Toolbar.
    > My criticism is that they are all too fat. By *fat* I mean that they
    > take up too much space from top to bottom.
    > I'd like to be able to modify their size.
    > Is there any way to do that? Anyone know of any open-source/free
    > software that'll do what I want?

    Out of interest - why do you have Google Toolbar installed? I can't
    see any redeeming features that piece of crap has.

    Someone enlighten me.
    Stacis, Nov 4, 2007

  3. afm

    Rom Guest

    On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:31:00 -0000, afm wrote:

    > I love Firefox, don't get me wrong.
    > My query/criticism is a pretty minor one.
    > I've got my Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar, and Google Toolbar.
    > My criticism is that they are all too fat. By *fat* I mean that they take up
    > too much space from top to bottom.
    > I'd like to be able to modify their size.
    > Is there any way to do that? Anyone know of any open-source/free software
    > that'll do what I want?

    Don't know about the Google Toolbar you've added, or anything else
    about your Firefox and system setup, so some things I thought of:

    -Do you have a Menubar? If yes, consider the Hide Menubar extension:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4762>
    The Menubar can be temporarily shown with the Alt key, or show/hide
    from the context menu on the Navigation Toolbar.

    -If you have the Menubar and want to keep it, as it has unused space
    by default consider rearranging by moving stuff from the Navigation
    Toolbar to the Menubar, then don't show the Navigation Toolbar.

    -Uninstall/disable/don't show the Google Toolbar.

    -See this "Compact Toolbars for Firefox 2.0 default theme":
    <http://userstyles.org/styles/1168>. It can be previewed, applied and
    edited to suit fairly easily by using the Stylish extension:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108>.

    The Stylish extension and searching userstyles.org for suitable styles
    and/or code is one way instead of by hand.

    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Nov 4, 2007
  4. afm

    History Fan Guest

    The Google Toolbar has some useful features, but I don't need or want
    it because I've found Firefox extensions that do the same thing, yet take up
    less space on my FF toolbar.
    History Fan, Nov 4, 2007
  5. afm

    yogi22 Guest

    On Nov 4, 8:17 am, "History Fan" <>
    wrote:
    > The Google Toolbar has some useful features, but I don't need or want
    > it because I've found Firefox extensions that do the same thing, yet take up
    > less space on my FF toolbar.

    Here are some ideas to shrink the top toolbar so that you can hide the
    navigation bar. Refer to the photo at:

    http://picasaweb.google.com/ken.kennedy.groups/PrintScreenFiles/photo#5128980178879438754

    Use "customize" (right-click on a toolbar) to move and delete unused
    icons, notably the throbber. Also select small icons.

    Stop or Reload Button

    TinyMenu

    Hide the Go Button
    In about:config, go to "browser.urlbar.hideGoButton" and set the Value
    to "true"

    SearchBar Autosizer

    If you are comfortable with modifying the userChrome.css file, there
    are a bunch of good tips at:
    http://tsudohnimh.com/blog/2007/11/firefox-tweaks-ultimate-guide.html

    Have fun, and enjoy FireFox's incredible customizations.
    kk
    yogi22, Nov 4, 2007
  6. afm

    dillinger Guest

    afm wrote:
    > I love Firefox, don't get me wrong.
    > My query/criticism is a pretty minor one.
    > I've got my Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar, and Google Toolbar.
    > My criticism is that they are all too fat. By *fat* I mean that they
    > take up too much space from top to bottom.
    > I'd like to be able to modify their size.
    > Is there any way to do that? Anyone know of any open-source/free
    > software that'll do what I want?

    You can put something like:

    #PersonalToolbar,
    #toolbar-menubar { max-height: 22px !important; }

    in your userCrome.css to resize the navigation and bookmark toolbars.
    Don't know about the googlebar, I don't use it.
    This will not resize your icons, so it probably won't look very pretty
    if you make it too small. A theme with small icons may work better.

    Michel.
    dillinger, Nov 5, 2007
  7. afm

    dillinger Guest

    afm wrote:
    > I love Firefox, don't get me wrong.
    > My query/criticism is a pretty minor one.
    > I've got my Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar, and Google Toolbar.
    > My criticism is that they are all too fat. By *fat* I mean that they
    > take up too much space from top to bottom.
    > I'd like to be able to modify their size.
    > Is there any way to do that? Anyone know of any open-source/free
    > software that'll do what I want?

    You can put something like:

    #PersonalToolbar,
    #nav-bar,
    #toolbar-menubar { max-height: 22px !important; }

    in your userCrome.css to resize the menubar and the navigation and bookmark

    dillinger, Nov 5, 2007
  8. afm

    afm Guest

    Thanks for all your replies.