    Internet Explorer), and i believe the ability to organize the links in a
    manner that make them easy to find is essential in any browser
    Trond Ruud

    Trond Ruud, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Trond Ruud

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    (On 12/3/2004 9:13 PM) Trond Ruud wrote:
    > I'm very impressed with the Firefox, and it seems to improve with every new
    > release, but in one department:
    > The favorites/Bookmarks menu it's behind Internet Explorer
    > In Firefox, the imported bookmarks folders are all expanded. Making it next
    > to impossible to locate specific links in specific folders (imported from
    > Internet Explorer), and i believe the ability to organize the links in a
    > manner that make them easy to find is essential in any browser

    I've seen this complaint before. Personally I like the Firefox Bookmark
    Manager over IE's "Organize Favorites". I haven't imported IE
    Favorites (since I don't have any except the defaults) into Firefox in a
    long time. I guess I don't quite understand what your complaint is...
    if the folders are expanded, then collapse them; move them around how
    ever you want to. Why are you having trouble organizing your links around?

    Like I said... I guess I don't understand where you are coming from.
    But I'm sure you will reply and let me know <g>.

    --

    I'll take the little annoyances that bother people with Firefox (which
    never seem to bother me), over IE problems though ;-)

    Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 - [http://secunia.com/product/11/]
    Product Affected By: 70 Secunia Advisories

    Currently, 18 out of 70 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in
    the Secunia database.

    vs.

    Mozilla Firefox 1.x - [http://secunia.com/product/4227/]
    Product Affected By: 0 Secunia Advisories

    The Secunia database currently contains 0 Secunia advisories marked as
    "Unpatched", which affects Mozilla Firefox 1.x.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Trond Ruud

    Trond Ruud Guest

    After having used Internet Explorer for almost 10 years, I have quite a
    large number of IE bookmarks/favorites of course
    and I have imported them into Firefox for the simple reason that I often use
    them and need them, which is why I saved them in the first place of course,
    and I am for the life of me, unable to understand why Firefox has to be
    contrary to most standards regarding bookmarks by applying an "all folders
    expanded" as the _default_ setting for imported favorites. Especially since
    it doesn't apply that system for the bookmarks defined/saved by Firefox
    itself, where _none_ of the folders are expanded by default Are there any
    specific reason(s) for this, that I fail to see? Anyway this problem forces
    me keep IE as my default browser, since the time consuming, needle in a
    haystack searching for bookmarks in Firefox' imported bookmarks is simply
    very inefficient and extremely annoying.
    Trond Ruud

    Trond Ruud, Dec 7, 2004