Firefox Password Problems

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bishoop, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. Bishoop

    Bishoop Guest

    I've been trying FF the past few days after using Mozilla. I imported the
    saved password info from Mozilla and 80% of them do not work in FF.

    In FF sometime IDs and passwords get saved and sometimes not.
    I'm use the "remember password" applet.

    On the AT&T long distance site (https://www.customerservice.att.com/where)
    only the last four digits of my telephone number (User ID) are saved. Only
    the last four digits are recorded in the password manager list. The
    password is inserted correctly.

    On the Medco
    (http://www.medco.com/medco/corporate/home.jsp?accessLink=merckmedcoredirect)
    site the ID shows as <> in the password manager list instead of the Username
    I entered.

    I had none of these problems with Mozilla.

    BTW, I've cleared all the password info from FF password manager and started
    trying to enter new information where the above problems are occurring.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks....

    Bishoop, Apr 23, 2006

  2. Bishoop

    gwtc Guest

    Bishoop wrote:

    > I've been trying FF the past few days after using Mozilla. I imported the
    > saved password info from Mozilla and 80% of them do not work in FF.
    >

    > In FF sometime IDs and passwords get saved and sometimes not.
    > I'm use the "remember password" applet.
    >
    > On the AT&T long distance site (https://www.customerservice.att.com/where)
    > only the last four digits of my telephone number (User ID) are saved. Only
    > the last four digits are recorded in the password manager list. The
    > password is inserted correctly.
    >
    > On the Medco
    > (http://www.medco.com/medco/corporate/home.jsp?accessLink=merckmedcoredirect)
    > site the ID shows as <> in the password manager list instead of the Username
    > I entered.
    >
    > I had none of these problems with Mozilla.
    >
    > BTW, I've cleared all the password info from FF password manager and started
    > trying to enter new information where the above problems are occurring.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks....

    In Moz, the password file is an 8 digit file that ends in an S, eg:
    12345678.s. Copy that and the file key3.db over to your Firefox
    profile. Then rename password file to signons.txt.

    --
    Signs Indicating You Need a Really Long Vacation: You find you really
    need PowerPoint to explain what you do for a living.

    gwtc, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Bishoop

    Bishoop Guest

    "gwtc" <37> wrote in message
    > Bishoop wrote:
    >
    >> I've been trying FF the past few days after using Mozilla. I imported
    >> the saved password info from Mozilla and 80% of them do not work in FF.
    >>

    >> In FF sometime IDs and passwords get saved and sometimes not.
    >> I'm use the "remember password" applet.
    >>
    >> On the AT&T long distance site
    >> (https://www.customerservice.att.com/where) only the last four digits of
    >> my telephone number (User ID) are saved. Only the last four digits are
    >> recorded in the password manager list. The password is inserted
    >> correctly.
    >>
    >> On the Medco
    >> (http://www.medco.com/medco/corporate/home.jsp?accessLink=merckmedcoredirect)
    >> site the ID shows as <> in the password manager list instead of the
    >> Username I entered.
    >>
    >> I had none of these problems with Mozilla.
    >>
    >> BTW, I've cleared all the password info from FF password manager and
    >> started trying to enter new information where the above problems are
    >> occurring.
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks....

    > In Moz, the password file is an 8 digit file that ends in an S, eg:
    > 12345678.s. Copy that and the file key3.db over to your Firefox profile.
    > Then rename password file to signons.txt.
    >
    > --
    > Signs Indicating You Need a Really Long Vacation: You find you really need
    > PowerPoint to explain what you do for a living.

    Your suggestion did not work.

    I uninstalled/installed FF and all seems to be well now except for the Medco
    sight. User ID still listed as <> in the password manager list.

    Thanks for you time/help.

    Bishoop, Apr 23, 2006