    Many thanks

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony, Apr 16, 2008

  2. Tony wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Sorry to bother you all with this; but where does Firefox keep its
    > password file and what's it called?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Tony

    its kept in a file called signons.txt or signons2.txt
    [depending on the version you're using], and its kept in the
    FF profile.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 16, 2008

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:10:02 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    >its kept in a file called signons.txt or signons2.txt
    >[depending on the version you're using], and its kept in the
    >FF profile.

    Many thanks Peter.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony, Apr 17, 2008
  4. Tony wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:10:02 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >> its kept in a file called signons.txt or signons2.txt
    >> [depending on the version you're using], and its kept in the
    >> FF profile.

    > Many thanks Peter.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Tony

    I forgot to add one thing. If you're backing up that
    password file, then you also need the file key3.db. Those
    two files go hand in hand.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 17, 2008
  5. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:14:46 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    >I forgot to add one thing. If you're backing up that
    >password file, then you also need the file key3.db. Those
    >two files go hand in hand.

    Thanks again Peter, it was more for transferring to other computers,
    is the key3.db file specific to each signons2.txt or can I just
    transfer signons2.txt on its own?

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony, Apr 17, 2008
  6. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:39:41 -0400, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >Copy them together.

    Thanks Ed, will do.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony, Apr 17, 2008
  7. Tony

    chat2learn

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    All instructions mentioned here .

    www dot php24hours.com/how-to-backup-firefox-password-file-t162.html

    Happy new year for all of you

    chat2learn, Jan 2, 2010