    than that, I think I won't go back to Internet Explorer.

    Thanks,

    César.

    CNDA, Nov 25, 2004

  2. CNDA wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > In a previous post I mentioned that I had installed Thunderbird as my
    > mail handling application replacing Outlook Express(OE). Well, I didn't
    > like it since I could not incorporate my Hotmail account. I uninstalled
    > Thunderbird and returned to OE. Now I can't reach OE from the Firefox
    > (FF) toolbar. I have tried everything other than re-installing FF. Other
    > than that, I think I won't go back to Internet Explorer.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > César.

    First of all, there are several apps that will set up a proxy allowing
    you to access Hotmail in Thunderbird. MrPostman from Sourceforge comes
    to mind, though I believe there are others.

    If you are going back to OE, make sure that OE is registered as your
    defaul mail client. I suspect that when you ununstalled TB, you may
    never heve set a new default.

    Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Programs.

    Ensure that OE is set as default mail client.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 26, 2004

  3. CNDA

    CNDA Guest

    Thanks Leonidas,

    I attempted what you suggested and it still doesn't work. I think only a
    re-install would do the trick. I might try the Thunderbird app again.

    Thanks,

    César

    CNDA, Nov 27, 2004