    opens a new window, not a tab.

    I suggest that the Mozilla people work on this one.

    Richard

    me, Sep 20, 2004

  2. me

    .brian. Guest

    (On 9/20/2004 3:06 AM) me wrote:
    > I'm switching to FF, but would like for it to open a new tab, rather than a
    > new window, when I select a new site from my Bookmarks. This said, I have
    > checked "select new tabs opened from bookmarks or history" in the Browsing
    > section of the Advanced option. Nonetheless, when I click on a bookmark, it
    > opens a new window, not a tab.

    That's correct. The option isn't called "OPEN NEW TABS", it's called
    "SELECT new *opened* tabs". That option tells Mozilla you want the
    latest tab opened to become active. Deselecting the option lets new
    tabs open in the background.

    If you want to OPEN a new tab, you need to middle-click on it or
    right-click and select "Open in New Tab". To work in "single window
    mode" (like you want) you'll need to install the extension "Tabbrowser
    Preferences".

    [http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/list.php/Firefox/tabwin#tabprefs]

    > I suggest that the Mozilla people work on this one.

    You suggest? I'm sure they'll get right on it!

    --
    Brian

    .brian., Sep 20, 2004

  3. me

    no Guest

    ..brian. wrote:
    > (On 9/20/2004 3:06 AM) me wrote:
    >
    >> I'm switching to FF, but would like for it to open a new tab, rather
    >> than a new window, when I select a new site from my Bookmarks. This
    >> said, I have checked "select new tabs opened from bookmarks or
    >> history" in the Browsing section of the Advanced option. Nonetheless,
    >> when I click on a bookmark, it opens a new window, not a tab.

    > That's correct. The option isn't called "OPEN NEW TABS", it's called
    > "SELECT new *opened* tabs". That option tells Mozilla you want the
    > latest tab opened to become active. Deselecting the option lets new
    > tabs open in the background.
    >
    > If you want to OPEN a new tab, you need to middle-click on it or
    > right-click and select "Open in New Tab". To work in "single window
    > mode" (like you want) you'll need to install the extension "Tabbrowser
    > Preferences".
    >
    > [http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/list.php/Firefox/tabwin#tabprefs]
    >
    >> I suggest that the Mozilla people work on this one.

    > You suggest? I'm sure they'll get right on it!
    >
    >> Richard

    I would like that same feature as well. The plug in on the link you
    suggested won't install on v1.0

    no, Sep 21, 2004
  4. me

    MLC Guest

    _no_, martedì 21/set/2004:

    > .brian. wrote:
    >> (On 9/20/2004 3:06 AM) me wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm switching to FF, but would like for it to open a new tab, rather
    >>> than a new window, when I select a new site from my Bookmarks. This
    >>> said, I have checked "select new tabs opened from bookmarks or
    >>> history" in the Browsing section of the Advanced option. Nonetheless,
    >>> when I click on a bookmark, it opens a new window, not a tab.

    >> That's correct. The option isn't called "OPEN NEW TABS", it's called
    >> "SELECT new *opened* tabs". That option tells Mozilla you want the
    >> latest tab opened to become active. Deselecting the option lets new
    >> tabs open in the background.
    >>
    >> If you want to OPEN a new tab, you need to middle-click on it or
    >> right-click and select "Open in New Tab". To work in "single window
    >> mode" (like you want) you'll need to install the extension "Tabbrowser
    >> Preferences".
    >>
    >> [http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/list.php/Firefox/tabwin#tabprefs]
    >>
    >>> I suggest that the Mozilla people work on this one.

    >> You suggest? I'm sure they'll get right on it!
    >>
    >>> Richard

    > I would like that same feature as well. The plug in on the link you
    > suggested won't install on v1.0

    It's an extension.
    v 0.6.12 is compatible with Firefox 0.9.X, Firefox 1.0PR and Firefox nightly
    builds:
    http://www.pryan.org/mozilla/site/TheOneKEA/tabprefs/#link
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 21/09/2004 14.58.32