    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net
    Christopher Pollard, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Christopher Pollard wrote:
    > Is there a way to make Firefox open a new tab rather than opening a new window
    > when I click a link in an email or news item? Right now, if I launch a URL, a
    > new firefox window opens.
    > I have to copy the url, switch to ff, ctrl-t, ctrl-v, enter. This is rather a
    > pain compared with just double clicking it...
    >
    > Tools>options>advanced>browsing>'Select new tabs opened from links' is checked
    > but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

    Well, that should work. I have Tabbed Browser Extensions installed.
    which has the same pref, and it works fine from here.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Christopher Pollard

    MLC Guest

    _Christopher Pollard_, domenica 09/gen/2005:

    > Is there a way to make Firefox open a new tab rather than opening a new window
    > when I click a link in an email or news item? Right now, if I launch a URL, a
    > new firefox window opens.
    > I have to copy the url, switch to ff, ctrl-t, ctrl-v, enter. This is rather a
    > pain compared with just double clicking it...
    >
    > Tools>options>advanced>browsing>'Select new tabs opened from links' is checked
    > but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

    That's not the option to get what you're looking for: it "selects", IOW
    "focuses" on tabs opened from links, otherwise they stay in background.

    To make Firefox open a new tab instead of a new window, check the option
    "Open links from other applications in: -> a new tab in the most recent
    window".

    Ciao,
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 09/01/2005 9.58.41
    MLC, Jan 9, 2005
  4. On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:06:02 +0100, MLC <> wrote:

    >To make Firefox open a new tab instead of a new window, check the option
    >"Open links from other applications in: -> a new tab in the most recent
    >window".

    That sounds like the correct option, but I can't find it...
    I'm using 0.9.2, maybe I should upgrade?

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net
    Christopher Pollard, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Christopher Pollard

    Z Guest

    Christopher Pollard wrote:
    >>To make Firefox open a new tab instead of a new window, check the option
    >>"Open links from other applications in: -> a new tab in the most recent
    >>window".

    > That sounds like the correct option, but I can't find it...
    > I'm using 0.9.2, maybe I should upgrade?

    In 1.0 it's here:

    Tools > Options > Advanced > Tabbed Browsing
    Z, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Christopher Pollard

    MLC Guest

    _Christopher Pollard_, domenica 09/gen/2005:

    > On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:06:02 +0100, MLC <> wrote:
    >
    >>To make Firefox open a new tab instead of a new window, check the option
    >>"Open links from other applications in: -> a new tab in the most recent
    >>window".

    > That sounds like the correct option, but I can't find it...
    > I'm using 0.9.2, maybe I should upgrade?

    I think so :)
    You'll find most of you extensions disabled, but then you can update them.
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 09/01/2005 12.26.05
    MLC, Jan 9, 2005