Firefox: open group (or folder) of bookmarks in new tabs

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bucky, May 17, 2006.

  1. Bucky

    Bucky Guest

    I spent a while figuring this out, so I thought I'd share this with
    everyone. Basically, I was trying to figure out to open a group/folder
    of bookmarks without replacing my current tabs. This was how Mozilla
    Suite worked. With the default Firefox settings, it would replace all
    my current tabs, which was kind of stupid. The solution is to go to
    about:config and change this setting:

    browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace = false

    Here's the reference from Mozillazine:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

    browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace
    Boolean
    True (default): When opening a folder of bookmarks in tabs, the
    existing tabs will be replaced by the new bookmark pages.
    False: Existing tabs will be preserved when loading a folder of
    bookmarks. The bookmark pages will be loaded in tabs that are appended
    to the current tabs.

    Bucky, May 17, 2006