    Firefox to go to the site. I can't find anything in either program to
    turn this on. Any ideas?

    David

    David R. Birch, Jul 7, 2007

  2. David R. Birch wrote:
    > I just upgraded my box from 98SE to Win2k, and it seems mostly
    > working, but when I click on a link in ThunderBird, it doesn't open
    > Firefox to go to the site. I can't find anything in either program to
    > turn this on. Any ideas?
    >
    > David

    make FF the default program: Tools, Options, Main and its at
    the bottom. Close FF and see if it works now.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 7, 2007

  3. David R. Birch

    Ed Mullen Guest

    David R. Birch wrote:
    > I just upgraded my box from 98SE to Win2k, and it seems mostly working,
    > but when I click on a link in ThunderBird, it doesn't open Firefox to go
    > to the site. I can't find anything in either program to turn this on.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > David

    Geez, I can't help myself.

    You "upgraded" from 98Se to W2K?!!! Uh, there's gotta be a story in
    there somewhere. Why are you doing this to yourself?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jul 7, 2007
  4. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > David R. Birch wrote:
    >> I just upgraded my box from 98SE to Win2k, and it seems mostly
    >> working, but when I click on a link in ThunderBird, it doesn't open
    >> Firefox to go to the site. I can't find anything in either program to
    >> turn this on. Any ideas?
    >>
    >> David

    > Geez, I can't help myself.
    >
    > You "upgraded" from 98Se to W2K?!!! Uh, there's gotta be a story in
    > there somewhere. Why are you doing this to yourself?

    I run Win eXcess Profit at work, and don't see anything I like more
    than W2K, plus a number of minor things don't work as well. Like
    Vista, it's just changed so they have a new product to push, not
    because it's an improvement. I prefer the 98SE interface, but it's not
    as stable as W2K, and Micro$oft dropped updates last year.

    David

    David R. Birch, Jul 7, 2007
  5. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > David R. Birch wrote:
    >> I just upgraded my box from 98SE to Win2k, and it seems mostly
    >> working, but when I click on a link in ThunderBird, it doesn't open
    >> Firefox to go to the site. I can't find anything in either program to
    >> turn this on. Any ideas?
    >>
    >> David

    > make FF the default program: Tools, Options, Main and its at the
    > bottom. Close FF and see if it works now.

    I've already been there and set FF as the default browser. It made no
    difference.

    David

    David R. Birch, Jul 7, 2007
  6. David R. Birch wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> David R. Birch wrote:
    >>> I just upgraded my box from 98SE to Win2k, and it seems mostly
    >>> working, but when I click on a link in ThunderBird, it doesn't open
    >>> Firefox to go to the site. I can't find anything in either program to
    >>> turn this on. Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> David

    >> make FF the default program: Tools, Options, Main and its at the
    >> bottom. Close FF and see if it works now.

    > I've already been there and set FF as the default browser. It made no
    > difference.
    >
    > David

    close FF, then open IE, then click on Tools, Internet
    Options, when it pops up click on Programs tab, and make
    sure that IE is unchecked, its near the bottom.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 7, 2007
  7. David R. Birch

    Ed Mullen Guest

    David R. Birch wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> David R. Birch wrote:
    >>> I just upgraded my box from 98SE to Win2k, and it seems mostly
    >>> working, but when I click on a link in ThunderBird, it doesn't open
    >>> Firefox to go to the site. I can't find anything in either program to
    >>> turn this on. Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> David

    >> Geez, I can't help myself.
    >>
    >> You "upgraded" from 98Se to W2K?!!! Uh, there's gotta be a story in
    >> there somewhere. Why are you doing this to yourself?

    > I run Win eXcess Profit at work, and don't see anything I like more than
    > W2K, plus a number of minor things don't work as well. Like Vista, it's
    > just changed so they have a new product to push, not because it's an
    > improvement. I prefer the 98SE interface, but it's not as stable as W2K,
    > and Micro$oft dropped updates last year.
    >
    > David

    Fair enough. I have run W2K in the past and had a number of issues with
    it. My own opinion is that XP is much better. I have WXP configured to
    look like my W98 did. FWIW, they stopped feature upgrades to W2K in 2005.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jul 7, 2007
  8. David R. Birch

    Tom McCloud Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 18:10:04 -0500, "David R. Birch"
    <> wrote: ,,,, it doesn't open
    >Firefox to go to the site. >David

    Not sure if this applies or not but I run XP and Firefox both at home
    and work. At home, never a problem launching Firefox. At work, about
    10% of the time I click on Firefox and it doesn't launch. I go to
    the task manager, and it shows Firefox presumably running. I click
    on that and close it. Before I realized this I had sometimes clicked
    on Firefox 3 or 4 times, and task manager shows it 3-4 times, none of
    which have totally loaded. After closing all copies, try to launch
    from the desktop again. That almost always solves the problem. But I
    wish I knew what was causing this behavior so I could correct it. Tom
    McCloud

    Tom McCloud, Jul 7, 2007
  9. Tom McCloud wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 18:10:04 -0500, "David R. Birch"
    > <> wrote: ,,,, it doesn't open
    >> Firefox to go to the site. >David

    > Not sure if this applies or not but I run XP and Firefox both at home
    > and work. At home, never a problem launching Firefox. At work, about
    > 10% of the time I click on Firefox and it doesn't launch. I go to
    > the task manager, and it shows Firefox presumably running. I click
    > on that and close it. Before I realized this I had sometimes clicked
    > on Firefox 3 or 4 times, and task manager shows it 3-4 times, none of
    > which have totally loaded. After closing all copies, try to launch
    > from the desktop again. That almost always solves the problem. But I
    > wish I knew what was causing this behavior so I could correct it. Tom
    > McCloud

    I don't have a problem opening FF and going to bookmarks, it's getting
    FF to respond to trying to open a link in an email. When I open Task
    Manager, it doesn't show FF running either.

    David

    David R. Birch, Jul 8, 2007