    suggestions?

    --

    History Fan
    History Fan, Nov 3, 2008

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    wrote in message news:genc5o$dcq$...
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> I have two desktop computers, both running Windows XP Home SP3,
    >> Firefox
    >> 3.0.3, and using AVG 8 Free antivirus. When I download files from one
    >> computer, Firefox 3 uses my default antivirus program to scan it first.
    >> That is what the browser is supposed to do. Yet
    >> on my other computer, which has almost the same exact configuration,
    >> Firefox
    >> is not scanning downloaded files for viruses. I checked about:config
    >> with
    >> Firefox, and virus scanning is enabled. Any
    >> suggestions?
    >>

    > in the config editor, look for this entry:
    >
    > browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone
    >
    > and set it to true

    Thanks, but I already checked that. On both PC's, scanWhenDone is
    set to true.

    I suspect the Firefox profile could be slightly damaged. I could
    delete it and try again.
    History Fan, Nov 3, 2008

  3. Re: Firefox not scanning downloaded files for viruses on one of mycomputers

    History Fan wrote:
    > I have two desktop computers, both running Windows XP Home SP3,
    > Firefox
    > 3.0.3, and using AVG 8 Free antivirus. When I download files from one
    > computer, Firefox 3 uses my default antivirus program to scan it first.
    > That is what the browser is supposed to do. Yet
    > on my other computer, which has almost the same exact configuration,
    > Firefox
    > is not scanning downloaded files for viruses. I checked about:config with
    > Firefox, and virus scanning is enabled. Any
    > suggestions?

    in the config editor, look for this entry:

    browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone

    and set it to true

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 3, 2008
  4. Re: Firefox not scanning downloaded files for viruses on one of mycomputers

    History Fan wrote:

    > "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    > <> wrote in message
    >> History Fan wrote:
    >>> I have two desktop computers, both running Windows XP Home SP3,
    >>> Firefox
    >>> 3.0.3, and using AVG 8 Free antivirus. When I download files from one
    >>> computer, Firefox 3 uses my default antivirus program to scan it
    >>> first. That is what the browser is supposed to do. Yet
    >>> on my other computer, which has almost the same exact configuration,
    >>> Firefox
    >>> is not scanning downloaded files for viruses. I checked about:config
    >>> with
    >>> Firefox, and virus scanning is enabled. Any
    >>> suggestions?
    >>>

    >> in the config editor, look for this entry:
    >>
    >> browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone
    >>
    >> and set it to true
    >>

    > Thanks, but I already checked that. On both PC's, scanWhenDone is
    > set to true.
    >
    > I suspect the Firefox profile could be slightly damaged. I could
    > delete it and try again.

    try setting up a test profile and see if the problem
    continues in that. Otherwise, contact the AVG forum
    and ask them.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 3, 2008