    I know there is something about chrome editing but this is beyond my
    expertize and I wonder if there are any people around who can do
    this -- hopefully without my having to reload all my pages.
    Elyse Sommer, May 31, 2005

  2. Le 31/05/2005 15:48, Elyse Sommer a ecrit :
    > I have encountered none of the problems I've seen on this page with my
    > firefox download. However, my web page created with Homesite 4.5 and style
    > sheets -- doesn't look right in Firefox since it doesn't seem to recognize
    > my style sheet commands -- specifications for size and color of fonts,
    > using all caps for certain phrases. The page looks as specified in
    > Internet Explorer -- but I would like readers of the web page to see
    > the page as it's supposed to look.
    > Anyone who has both programs installed can see the difference by clicking on
    > www.curtainup.com or any of the pictures leading a feature in which
    > the title should be in 3 colors and large not small and all black.
    > I know there is something about chrome editing but this is beyond my
    > expertize and I wonder if there are any people around who can do
    > this -- hopefully without my having to reload all my pages.

    Your stylesheet is totally plagued by syntax errors :
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http://www.curtainup.com/

    Pascal

    --
    FAQ Mozilla Suite/Netscape 7 : http://www.chevrel.org/fr/faq/
    Carnet web actu Mozilla : http://www.chevrel.org/fr/carnet/
    Pascal Chevrel, May 31, 2005

  3. Elyse Sommer

    Victor Guest

    "Elyse Sommer" <> wrote in message
    > I have encountered none of the problems I've seen on this page with my
    > firefox download. However, my web page created with Homesite 4.5 and

    style
    > sheets -- doesn't look right in Firefox since it doesn't seem to

    recognize
    > my style sheet commands -- specifications for size and color of fonts,
    > using all caps for certain phrases. The page looks as specified in
    > Internet Explorer -- but I would like readers of the web page to see
    > the page as it's supposed to look.
    > Anyone who has both programs installed can see the difference by clicking

    on
    > www.curtainup.com or any of the pictures leading a feature in

    which
    > the title should be in 3 colors and large not small and all black.
    > I know there is something about chrome editing but this is beyond my
    > expertize and I wonder if there are any people around who can do
    > this -- hopefully without my having to reload all my pages.

    IE is much more forgiving when it comes to CSS and HTML errors. Firefox is
    more demanding, and requires that every period and brace be exactly where it
    belongs. So, check your web pages for even the slightest errors because IE
    will forgive you, but FF will not.
    Victor, May 31, 2005
  4. Elyse Sommer

    Elyse Sommer Guest

    I corrected some misspellings but I don't think this is a case of Foxfire
    not being forgiving about spaces and such-- but simply not recognizing font
    size and color specifications and span commands. I could upload my
    cu.css file if someone would be willing to look at it and see what in it
    annoys foxfire -- so that span class commands and font sizes and colors
    are ignored????

    Elyse Sommer, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Elyse Sommer

    Elyse Sommer Guest

    I should add to previous message that there's something called chrome
    editor in firefox which might deal with this but I haven't a clue as to
    how to use this -- I know where it is-- but don't understand it.

    Elyse Sommer, Jun 1, 2005
  6. Elyse Sommer

    Victor Guest

    I had a small web site that looked fine in IE, but broken in FF. I ran a
    validate & found quite a three CSS and HTML mistakes. IE still displayed the
    page properly, but FF didn't.

    Victor, Jun 1, 2005
  7. Elyse Sommer

    Moz Champion Guest

    Elyse Sommer wrote:
    > I corrected some misspellings but I don't think this is a case of Foxfire
    > not being forgiving about spaces and such-- but simply not recognizing font
    > size and color specifications and span commands. I could upload my
    > cu.css file if someone would be willing to look at it and see what in it
    > annoys foxfire -- so that span class commands and font sizes and colors
    > are ignored????
    > "Victor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Elyse Sommer" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have encountered none of the problems I've seen on this page with my
    >>>firefox download. However, my web page created with Homesite 4.5 and

    >>style
    >>
    >>>sheets -- doesn't look right in Firefox since it doesn't seem to

    >>recognize
    >>
    >>>my style sheet commands -- specifications for size and color of fonts,
    >>>using all caps for certain phrases. The page looks as specified in
    >>>Internet Explorer -- but I would like readers of the web page to

    > see
    >
    >>>the page as it's supposed to look.
    >>>Anyone who has both programs installed can see the difference by

    > clicking
    >
    >>on
    >>
    >>>www.curtainup.com or any of the pictures leading a feature in

    >>which
    >>
    >>>the title should be in 3 colors and large not small and all black.
    >>> I know there is something about chrome editing but this is beyond my
    >>>expertize and I wonder if there are any people around who can do
    >>> this -- hopefully without my having to reload all my pages.

    >>IE is much more forgiving when it comes to CSS and HTML errors. Firefox is
    >>more demanding, and requires that every period and brace be exactly where

    > it
    >
    >>belongs. So, check your web pages for even the slightest errors because IE
    >>will forgive you, but FF will not.

    Font sizes and specifications have to be in the EXACT format to be
    acceptable, a misspelling or error here would result in Firefox
    ignoring the specification completely.

    To you, <123> may 'mean' the same as (123) or < 123>, just a
    'slight' difference in format. But to a computer, they are entirely
    DIFFERENT.

    The 'meaning' of you, hu, hugh, hue, yu, and even u depends entirely
    on the context and how they are used. You, as a human adult, with
    experience, might be able to figure out hue said it or u said it
    to mean the same as you said it but that simply shows you how far
    in advance a human mind is over that of a computer.

    Another example
    http://this.is.not/a.link.but.looks.like.1

    but
    httpL// this is not a link but looks like 1 isnt

    a computer or program is a slave to the parameters and format of the
    page as specified. An 'error' that to the human mind is overcomeable
    (such as in the above example) is simply NOT the same to the program

    Errors and mispellings ARE very important
    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005